• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Huge thanks to GOAL for the Legislative shoot yesterday

Huge thanks to Jim Wallace, the guys from Smith and Wesson, Kahr, Thompson, and all of the volunteers who helped to make the event a huge success. The GOAL volunteers took a day off from work and offered up their own guns to teach the Mass legislators firearm safety and techniques. They all learned a lot no matter what their skill level going in, and they all had a great time. Many were first time shooters.

Here is Rep Shaunna O'Connell shooting NES's own eddie coyles S+W 500 with his custom loads. Yes she actually hit the target at 100 yds with that shot.

Too bad more of the "evil" legislators did not show up to learn how much fun and safe shooting can be.

Ha ha thats sweet.

well at least there more informed, now lets see what they do with this new found knowledge and understanding,

if they came out of this with a more positive outlook on firearms there is a possibility they could sway there peers who did not show up too possibly look into going next time

Last edited:
Rep Shaunna O'Connell is fantastic. She is a tireless worker to end the welfare boondoggle in MA. Heck of shot by her in the first pic.

Ha ha thats sweet.

well at least there more informed, now lets see what they do with this new found knowledge and understanding,

if they came out of this with a more positive outlook on firearms there is a possibility they could sway there peers who did not show up too get them to possibly look into going next time

I was always curious about these. Do any of the anti legislators ever attend or is it just the pro-gun crowd?

Either way good job GOAL, this is good press that will never get reported.

I was always curious about these. Do any of the anti legislators ever attend or is it just the pro-gun crowd?

I doubt it. Whats in it for them? Thats their angle ,theyre playing to anti constituents. The last thing they need is pics of them shooting with smiles on their faces.

I doubt it. Whats in it for them? Thats their angle ,theyre playing to anti constituents. The last thing they need is pics of them shooting with smiles on their faces.

True, you will never get the hard core Progs there. But the objective is to educate the ignorant, so I'm curious if that has been successful.

In my opinion one of the biggest benefits I have seen the last couple are the large number of legislative staffers who are young college kids who have never shot before that have a great time and learn how much fun shooting is. Only takes a couple hours of shooting to completely reform the liberal brainwashing they got in college. Many of these aides and staffers go on to run for office themselves.
Hey go easy on the Shaunna comments -- we have been married for 16 years.

Here is Rep Shaunna O'Connell shooting NES's own eddie coyles S+W 500 with his custom loads. Yes she actually hit the target at 100 yds with that shot.

Great pic!
I've shot that S&W 500 and I don't remember it being that BIG! Good on her for trying out that monster!

Thank you, GOAL! Great idea and great event. Every single politician should be compelled to undertake something like this before they are allowed to speak on 2A-related issues. There's just far too much ignorance out there.

grats to you! i was going to comment asking if they only took pics of the hotties shooting or she was the only pol brave enough to participate.
Awesome shots either way and i'm sorry i didn't attend. I see my nephew and his friends, all recent grads and CPAs shooting and it gives me hope for that generation. We need those young energetic and intelligent ambassadors for our sport.

This is the rep for my district.[puke] Her name is Denise Andrews

954741_575675139119711_1800876842_n.jpg
Here is her opinion on MSR
Quote from a Recorder article:For Andrews, the top priority in the gun control debate is getting “inappropriate weaponry” out of the hands of the general public.

“We don’t need the ability (for civilians) to own high-capacity assault weapons,” she said. “Those should only be in the hands of our military and law enforcement personnel.”

She proudly signed on as a co-sponsor to Linskys bill

Her thoughts on hunting:http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/hunting-trapping-fishing-forum/175927-denise-andrews-hunting.html

True, you will never get the hard core Progs there. But the objective is to educate the ignorant, so I'm curious if that has been successful.

Yeah, good point. Tend to sometimes see things in terms of pro vs. anti and forget theres a lot of non's in the middle.

In my opinion one of the biggest benefits I have seen the last couple are the large number of legislative staffers who are young college kids who have never shot before that have a great time and learn how much fun shooting is. Only takes a couple hours of shooting to completely reform the liberal brainwashing they got in college. Many of these aides and staffers go on to run for office themselves.

You are a lucky guy. She is breath of fresh air in this cesspool of corruption. Please let her know there are many citizens of Mass that are aware of her efforts and thank her for us.

This is the rep for my district.[puke] Her name is Denise Andrews

View attachment 66332
Well, the pic made the front page of the Athol Daily News.
Here is her response.
Regarding her position
on gun control, she said,
“I’m very clear on where I
am on balancing gun control,
gun safety, public safety,
protection of police, enforcement
of current gun
laws, safe communities
where our kids can go to
school or families can go to
cinemas, accountability to
ensure that by all the people
that are involved in making
that happen, and evolving
[and doing] that in a balanced
way so that we also
can enjoy hunting, sport
[and] light trapshooting,
and figure out those answers
together.”

Regarding her position
on gun control, she said,
“I’m very clear on where I
am on balancing gun control,
gun safety, public safety,
protection of police, enforcement
of current gun
laws, safe communities
where our kids can go to
school or families can go to
cinemas, accountability to
ensure that by all the people
that are involved in making
that happen, and evolving
[and doing] that in a balanced
way so that we also
can enjoy hunting, sport
[and] light trapshooting,
and figure out those answers
together.”

Wow! Run-on sentence much? Typical left wing, mindless dribble.
[puke]

Back
Top Bottom