Huge ammo shipment at SL Gun Shop in Mason, NH 3p.m. March 22, 2013

Gwen4156

NES Member
I just left State Line Gun Shop in Mason, NH. They just got a huge ammo shipment. I picked up two 420 round boxes of Federal 5.56 M855 green tip!!!

Not cheap though, $260.00 per box...

Gwen

There were about six boxes on the floor I couldn't believe he said 330 check with another guy and he said 300 They can charge whatever they want to I wasn't a buyer

Is that same can of 420 still $190 at Riley's? I think they put out 10 per day...

You know the frenzy is getting bad when stores don't bother putting on pricing stickers.

With those prices let them sit on the floor. I won't shop there any way. If you weren't stocked with ammo by now, Oh Well.

They are gouging there, always do. The last panic in 08-09 they had all their employees going to walmart and buying all the ammo, until WM limited it to 6 boxes. Federal 550 packs at WM were going for 12.97 at that time, they had them on their floor for 24.97 per box ....that was in 09!!! Right now they are charging 30 bucks for pmags. I understand its a business and i understand supply and demand, but cmon now. When they sell tula 7.62x39 for 12 box and every othrr place i go has them for 7.25. Ok. Im sorry. Done ranting on

Before all the hysteria I usually paid 30-35 cents per round when buying 1k round cases.

After all this crap happened, who knows.

I walked away from 100 rounds for $60 in Kittery the other day. F that, even that's to expensive, and it's not the absurd $1 per round I've been seeing. I've got other things to shoot, my ar's are sitting right now unless I want to shoot the ammo I already have.

That's f****d up that they use their employees to raid Wally World only to flip it for higher prices in their shop.

They can do what they want and charge what they want.

You can also choose not to shop there if you want. It's not that hard.

I sold a 420 round ammo can of 5.56 the other day for $375.

If someone is willing to pay it, I guess it's not that much, is it???

$260 isn't bad considering the $350 in the NES classifieds. Still gouging since the dealer probably paid "pre SHTF" prices for the ammo.

They can do what they want and charge what they want.

You can also choose not to shop there if you want. It's not that hard.

I sold a 420 round ammo can of 5.56 the other day for $375.

If someone is willing to pay it, I guess it's not that much, is it???

^This, every day of the week...

I think everyone us on this thread has chosen not to shop there. I have and just not for the prices. There's nothing wrong with taking advantage of a situation but THEY are definitley gouging!! By not putting a price on it and changing it per customer. Bullshit IMO. not whining just telling how it is...

Last edited:
I had sight work done on my 30/30. Dropped it off with a case, went to pick it up they tried telling me it had no case with it and there policy was not to take cases. ( very rudely!!). Got it back though. Go home and found 2 deep scratches in the stock from the vise.

Last edited:
I had sight work done on my 30/30. Dropped it off with a case, went to pick it up they tried telling me it had no case with it and there policy was not to take cases. ( very rudely!!). Got it back though. Go home and found 2 deep scratches in the stock from the vise.

I wouldn't let SL work on a cardboard box I owned. Nevermind an actual firearm.

Who defines gouging? What defines gouging?

People whining that the price is too high for them to afford is not gouging.

Buy it or don't buy it. Otherwise shut up. FREE MARKET.

Umm, no. Just because you disagree, doesn't mean others need to shut up. Ever hear of the 1st Amendment?! FREE SPEECH.

P.S. Don't worry, I won't pay a price I see as gouging. [wink]

Umm, no. Just because you disagree, doesn't mean others need to shut up. Ever hear of the 1st Amendment?! FREE SPEECH.

P.S. Don't worry, I won't pay a price I see as gouging. [wink]

Exactly, then don't buy it. There is no such thing as gouging. Even if the prices are too high, people will either buy it, or they will take their business elsewhere. Like Walmart or another LGS with lower prices. I guess it's pretty simple.

If you see something here in the classifieds that is a $3500 Bushmaster AR, then don't buy it. If that guy sells that AR though for $3500, then I guess the price wasn't that high.

I just love it when red blooded libertarian capitalists who support a totally free market exercise their first amendment rights about that "evil" SL Gun Shop (you know the one a lot of you used to write good things about in the gun shop threads) is so unfair and price gouging. Well I'll show them you say, I'll use my 1st Amendment Right on Derek's forum (where we are all really guests) and share my "feelings" and outrage while I take a break from dusting my middle school soccer participation trophies.
I don't think SL could give a that's ass what you think. If somebody can sell something and command the price they want and someone else wants to pay that price...guess what? That's okay.

Talk about out yourself threads...[rolleyes] express yourself yes, but guess what? Nobody cares.

Back
Top Bottom