• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HuffPost: Ammon Bundy Blames Jews For The Holocaust At Idaho Anti-Lockdown Rally

Reptile

NES Member
Anti-government extremist Ammon Bundy, speaking on the steps of the state Capitol building in Boise, Idaho, on Saturday, compared government measures to slow the spread of the coronavirus to the Nazis’ genocide of Jews during World War II.

Bundy, a notorious militia leader who once organized an armed takeover of an Oregon wildlife refuge, made the absurd comparison while speaking at an “Idaho Is Open For Business” rally ― one of several anti-lockdown demonstrations held across the country demanding that governors allow businesses to reopen despite the urgent warnings of public health experts.

The Boise rally appears to have been organized, in part, by an anti-vaccination conspiracy group called Health Freedom Idaho, together with the Idaho Freedom Foundation, a powerful far-right libertarian organization in the state with ties to right-wing billionaire Charles Koch.

In a speech at Saturday’s rally, Bundy compared the temporary closure of nonessential businesses in America to the systematic torture and murder of 6 million Jews by the Nazis.

“Just look at the pictures of the Holocaust,” Bundy told the crowd of hundreds, according to a video of the event posted to YouTube. “It always amazes me how you see pictures of men and women stripped completely naked, lined up and facing a mass grave, where they are shooting them in the back of the head and falling in the grave.”

“Now the answer to that is not easy ― but it is this, and I have been there and I know for a fact that this is true,” Bundy continued. “When you have faced so much tyranny in your life, there is a point when you would rather line up naked and get shot in the head. And my friends, why we’re here today right now is to make sure that never happens!”

I wish I had a better source of the rally, but nobody else is reporting on it.
It's a bad title for the article, but it's the only article on the rally.

As @Climbnsink and @EJFudd said - the title doesn't match the content.

From the article:

Bundy argued Saturday that Jews essentially let themselves be murdered by Nazis because “they thought that putting their head down and trying to not be noticed was the better way. They thought that compliance would get them through it, and it was just a period of time that they might just pass through and end up better on the other end.”

“And that is a decision that we have to make right now,” Bundy said. “Are we better to just comply?”

Eric Ward, executive director at the Western States Center, a civil rights organization that monitors extremists, said Bundy “crossed a moral line” with his remarks.

“It was egregious,” Ward told HuffPost. “I mean, it was historical revisionism. It wasn’t a denial of the Holocaust, but it utilized one of the talking points that is often used by Holocaust deniers, which is this idea that Jews were responsible for their own genocide, and that is effectively blaming Jews for their own deaths. It is disturbing and it is offensive that a major argument point from Holocaust revisionism would be utilized in this moment.”

It's NOT historical revisionism. It's a sad fact. The Nazis created death camps, the people supported the "Final Solution", and six million Jews were slaughtered. Most of them did not resist, the Warsaw Ghetto uprising is a distinct exception.

Some of my family ended up in camps there, my maternal grandfather simply disappeared. My maternal grandmother fled Vienna with my mother and my Uncle Harry and came to America. My Uncle Arthur and Aunt Trude had tattoos on their forearms that they didn't choose.

I will never understand how any Jew in the world believes that you can negotiate with evil, that you should trust the "government" to take care of you, and that you shouldn't be armed.

Anti-government extremist Ammon Bundy, speaking on the steps of the state Capitol building in Boise, Idaho, on Saturday, compared government measures to slow the spread of the coronavirus to the Nazis’ genocide of Jews during World War II.

Bundy, a notorious militia leader who once organized an armed takeover of an Oregon wildlife refuge, made the absurd comparison while speaking at an “Idaho Is Open For Business” rally ― one of several anti-lockdown demonstrations held across the country demanding that governors allow businesses to reopen despite the urgent warnings of public health experts.

The Boise rally appears to have been organized, in part, by an anti-vaccination conspiracy group called Health Freedom Idaho, together with the Idaho Freedom Foundation, a powerful far-right libertarian organization in the state with ties to right-wing billionaire Charles Koch.

In a speech at Saturday’s rally, Bundy compared the temporary closure of nonessential businesses in America to the systematic torture and murder of 6 million Jews by the Nazis.

“Just look at the pictures of the Holocaust,” Bundy told the crowd of hundreds, according to a video of the event posted to YouTube. “It always amazes me how you see pictures of men and women stripped completely naked, lined up and facing a mass grave, where they are shooting them in the back of the head and falling in the grave.”

“Now the answer to that is not easy ― but it is this, and I have been there and I know for a fact that this is true,” Bundy continued. “When you have faced so much tyranny in your life, there is a point when you would rather line up naked and get shot in the head. And my friends, why we’re here today right now is to make sure that never happens!”

I wish I had a better source of the rally, but nobody else is reporting on it.
It's a bad title for the article, but it's the only article on the rally.
Fake News

Why do we need it here? Fix the headline in the thread title and let readers here draw their own conclusions.
Before I copied the original headline I put "HuffPost:" ahead of the headline.

I'm not about to make up my own headline to a story that I never wrote.

Sometime I'll add more info but I'm not going to change somebody else's headline.

That's how "dupe"s propagate on here.

"Yahoo made up dumb headline about protester" is less informative than the the OP.

There are thousands of posts relating to the Bundys and their related activities and this is relevant to NES.

Back
Top Bottom