• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hudson Fish and Game Junior Rifle Fundraiser Match - March 16

4th Annual Hudson NH Fish and Game Club
Junior Rifle Offhand Challenge Rifle Match / Fundraiser
** Match Proceeds go to the Hudson NH Junior Rifle Program **

Saturday March 16th 2013 9am – 2pm
HFG 50 Foot Indoor Range at 53 Pine Rd. Hudson, NH 03051
Organized By: George Smith [email protected] 603 440-8610 and Bill Dutton [email protected]

CASH PRIZES for Three Rifle Classes
Service Rifle (AR22) | .22 Match Rifle | 10M Air Rifle
10% of total take in each class awarded to the highest scoring shooter

Junior Rifle Team Sweatshirt Prize - ticket drawing at the end of the day.
1 Random CASH drawing prize will also be awarded in each class
5% of total take in each class drawn via lottery ticket in each class

Loaner Rifles / Spotting Scopes, etc. available for use in each class if needed.
.22 ammo & pellets available on site ** Coaching allowed for new shooters **

Initial 1st Entry in Each or Any Class is $15 Every Re-entry is $5
Each Entry and every re-entry gets a lottery ticket for cash drawings

Hot Cooked Breakfast & Lunch Items will be available at a very reasonable cost
Doors Open @ 8:30am 1st Relay fires @ 9:00am Relay every 1/2 hr until 1:30pm
Winners Awards and Raffle Drawings at 2pm

Course of Fire:
10 shots for record from 50 feet for Rimfire Rifles. Air Rifle @ 10 meters
Targets: Match Rifles USA50 AR22’s SR reduced to 50’ (targets provided free @ event)
Empty Chamber Indicator required in all rifles whenever not actively on the line firing.
10pt penalty if more than 10 shots are fired on your record target.
A separate sighter target will be hung at each firing point (unlimited sighters till cease fire)
Relays of 20 minutes each include prep time, unlimited sighters and record shots.
Shooters will put their name on their target and hang at desired height.
Designated target Scorers will retrieve and score all fired targets (10 min challenge period)
Shooters can Re-Enter as many times as desired. Highest score goes in for Cash Prizes.

*~*~* RE-ENTRY IS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED *~*~*
The club has a nice heated range with adjacent meeting hall featuring fireplace and full kitchen.
Come spend some enjoyable early season time shooting, eating and socializing.

There will also be some additional items being raffled off (brick of Aguilla .22 ammo!... hard to find these days).

Help support the next generation of shooters and join us at the match.

What is the cost, and do we have to register?

What are the rules for match rifle shooting coats? All I have at the moment is a high power coat.

Last edited:
Matt,

"Initial 1st Entry in Each or Any Class is $15 Every Re-entry is $5
Each Entry and every re-entry gets a lottery ticket for cash drawings"

No need to pre register.
Just show up at the times Bill listed and sign up to shoot just one or as many classes as you want.
Then re-enter any classes you want, as many times as you want for your highest score to go towards winning the pot in that class.
(most class winners donate the winnings back to the cause but that is not required or expected)

The 50 foot indoor range is well heated and has excellent lighting.

There will be breakfast and lunch food fresh hot cooked available thru the entire event for very reasonable cost.

All participants are welcome to make it as formal or informal as they want. Shooters are welcome to fully suit up in all the fullblown smallbore shooting gear, just wear a highpower shooting jacket or even only a sweatshirt and jeans if they want. Anyone that wants to shoot but needs a rifle, coat spotting scope ammo or anything will gladly be provided anything they need to shoot. coaching is even available for brand new shooters.

I thought this fundraiser up a few years ago as a way to mix Highpower shooters with Junior smallbore shooters. Shoot side by side,
have a good time and raise money for a great cause.

Many people that feel this is a good cause but would have to drive to far or can't attend often simply mail us a donation.
If anyone can't make it and would like to donate just email Bill or Myself and we will provide the details on how to address the check and where to mail it to. Both of our email addresses are list in Bill's original post above.

Thank You very much for any and all support!
George

Last edited:
*BUMP*

Competition is slated for tomorrow. My juniors will be there. We have rifles and ammo too. Come and test your skills against our kids and help us raise some money!

I won't be there, but I'll get a donation out to you.

I got your check Pat. Thank You VERY Much!
I'll add it to the others I have from Highpower Shooters and give them all to Bill at the event tomorrow.

Anyone else that feels supporting new / junior shooters is a good cause come on down tommorow.
If you can't make it but are willing to make a donation all the info you need to do that is in this thread.

George

Thanks George for helping put this together again. Also many many thanks to all of the guys who showed up to shoot as well as all those who sent money in support of the Junior Rifle team. We had appproximately $400 in match fees collected and about $1,500 in donations including $500 I received from Steve @ Blackwater Firearms in Hudson when I stopped in after the fundraiser was finished!

Back
Top Bottom