• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HSC Indoor Range question

Are .22lr rifles allowed at the indoor range? I'm thinking about heading out there tonight but I've never shot indoors there.

They are the only rifles allowed indoors so fire away.

Wouldn't any pistol-caliber rifles (like Beretta CX4 Storm) be OK? (Not that I plan to bring that indoors... I'm shooting outside all the time so I don't normally give a thought to what is allowed indoors.)

Wouldn't any pistol-caliber rifles (like Beretta CX4 Storm) be OK? (Not that I plan to bring that indoors... I'm shooting outside all the time so I don't normally give a thought to what is allowed indoors.)

There are two sides to that issue. One, yeah, you would think it should be fine. But the flip side is that lots of rounds can have far higher pressures and energy when fired from a longer barrel. There's also a lot of in between rounds that are "rifle caliber" but are weak enough that they are good. It get complex quickly so it is easier to say .22LR only. As it stands, .22SR is not OK. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom