• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HS Precision stock

Well my wait is finally over. After six months my stock has finally arrived. Too bad the magazine well is not machined deep enough to fit the five shot blind mag and the length of pull is 16 1/2 instead of 13 1/2. What a disappointment. You would think that for the money you pay and the length of time you have to wait they might be able to get it right. It wouldnt bother me so much except for the fact that I ordered it exactly as it comes. I didnt ask for a custom color or length of pull and its for a standard Remington 700adl.

Damn, that sucks they didn't get it right after making you wait so long!

Have you contacted them about correcting it? Hopefully they can resolve it quick!
I tried to call but they were not open yesterday and there contact section where you can ask questions is not working.

This may be a dumb question, as I have never ordered from HS precision. If you ordered it "as it comes" is it possible that means they leave the length of pull extra long so it may be fitted to the end user?

I'm going to drop this, this, and this right here.

very interesting, thanks for the reminder

Because on last year’s catalog, they included a product endorsement by Lon Horiuchi. The linked wikipedia article is naturally a tad dry, and of course subject to the inherent drawbacks of being a Wikipedia article. LawDog has a more succinct summation of the incident in question, which I strongly suggest you read if you haven’t already. In fact, I strongly suggest you find a longer version as well, because the events surrounding Vicki Weaver’s death at Ruby Ridge at the hands of Lon Horiuchi can only be described, and this is the polite version, as “cluster****.” The short-short version is that Lon Horiuchi unlawfully shot and killed an unarmed woman during a standoff. When brought up on manslaughter charges, the FBI basically said “Nuh-uh. You can’t prosecute him.” and whisked him away to let him help foul up the Waco standoff, but that’s a separate ****up.

This may be a dumb question, as I have never ordered from HS precision. If you ordered it "as it comes" is it possible that means they leave the length of pull extra long so it may be fitted to the end user?
As it comes means i didnt order a custom color or length of pull. The standard length of pull is 13.5. If they left it extra long to fit to the buyer i wouldnt think they would glue the butt pad on

Last edited:
Busa:2300996 said:
As it comes means i didnt order a custom color or length of pull. The standard length of pull is 13.5. If they left it extra long to fit to the buyer i wouldnt think they would glue the butt pad on

Makes sense.

I'm going to drop this, this, and this right here.

Wow, that third link is particularly damning.

I am going to make a WAG that someone in the rear echelon of that company is a personal friend of Horiuchi.

Maybe HS Precision and ARMS should just have a merger, that way all the garbage is in one company. [rofl]

-Mike

Well I have to give these guys a A+ for customer service. I have talked to two different guys over there in the past couple days and they have gone above and beyond. I told them I wasnt happy about having to send it back for repair and loosing the stock for another few weeks. I told them I had access to a bridgeport and would repair the mag well myself. They told me that was no problem. Even told me if I f-ed it up they would fix it under warranty. I told them I was a little worried about removing the recoil pad and cutting the stock down, so they put me on the phone with a repair guy who gave me step by step instructions. Again I was told that if I screw it up just send it back and they would fix it for free. So I have done all the repairs and the stock is almost ready to go. They are sending me a new recoil pad that I will have on by the end of the week.

Back
Top Bottom