• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HPD chief signs Oahu’s first license to carry a concealed firearm

Required to conceal. Open carry not allowed.

Some restrictions removed and other restrictions created.

Anyway, a step in the right direction.

Maybe a few are crap flooding the PD with dupes because its slow....

My guess is some are incomplete. I saw an article a while ago, they have a laundry list of requirements before they’ll review it. I don’t think it was anything crazy just a bunch of red tape to create a hassle.

Maybe a few are crap flooding the PD with dupes because its slow....

🤔HPD said there are 56 applications (for 40 applicants) pending review.

This is because you must submit a carry application in which you enumerate and answer questions about EACH firearm you wish to carry.

Also, the application asks the name of your Primary Care Physician, what health insurance you have, among other things.

Last edited:
Bullet-Tooth-Tony-Snatch-Vinnie-Jones-c.jpg

IIRC, each island is a separate county and permits are not recognized from county to county.
Good point. And we must remember that the article above which the OP linked to is only discussing Honolulu.

Still, a very, very onerous process. I wonder if the modern day McGarrett's, Danno's and Chin Ho's are slow walking the applications.

I wonder what the other counties are up to?

At least it's the whole island of Oahu (and then some)...

Honolulu County (officially known as the City and County of Honolulu, formerly Oahu County) is a consolidated city–county in the U.S. state of Hawaii. The city–county includes both the city of Honolulu (the state's capital and largest city) and the rest of the island of Oʻahu, as well as several minor outlying islands, including all of the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands (islands beyond Niihau)

Back
Top Bottom