How's this sound? (Anti-Gun Bills to be Heard in Massachusetts Joint Committee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am writing my state rep. Any additional comments I should make?

Representative Barrows,

My name is Robert Cxxxxxxxx. I have been a resident of Mansfield since 1994 residing at XX XXX Drive. I am also a law abiding holder of an unrestricted Class A Large Capacity License to Carry Firearms. On Tuesday June 21, The Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security will be meeting to hear anti-gun legislation bills S.1202, S.1234, H.665 and H.1561. I respectfully request that you oppose these bills as they infringe upon my constitutionally guaranteed Second Amendment rights

Senate Bill 1202, sponsored by state Senator Cynthia Stone Creem (D-Newton), would make it a crime to purchase or sell to the same person more than one firearm or “large capacity weapon” in a thirty-day period. The punishment for a first offense in violation of such gun rationing for both the retailer and the purchaser would be up to a $5,000 fine and/or two-and-a-half years imprisonment.

Senate Bill 1234, sponsored by state Senator James Timilty (D-Walpole), would make it unlawful to manufacture, sell or possess a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium; or a full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile.

House Bill 665, sponsored by state Representative Timothy J. Toomey, Jr. (D-Cambridge), would require all concealed carry applicants to present a complete list of every handgun owned along with a certificate of insurance verifying that the applicant has a valid insurance policy insuring against any harm or damage that might arise out of the use of each firearm on said list. The insurance policy would need to be in the amount of at least $250,000.

House Bill 1561, sponsored by state Representative David Paul Linsky (D-Natick), would require all firearms of new manufacture to bear serial numbers permanently inscribed on a visible metal area with the serial numbers being kept on record by the manufacturer. In addition, all semi-automatic firearms would be required to micro-stamp ammunition by mechanically stamping a code that would imprint the make, model and serial number onto the cartridge case when the gun discharged.

You need a bunch of stuff that says why each of these bills is stupid, why they're bad for public safety, why they're nearly impossible to comply with or just won't work (microstamping just doesn't work, for instance)

He knows what the bills are, you need to tell him why they're bad law, bad policy, and bad for public safety. Give him reasons to vote against it.

You need a bunch of stuff that says why each of these bills is stupid, why they're bad for public safety, why they're nearly impossible to comply with or just won't work (microstamping just doesn't work, for instance)

He knows what the bills are, you need to tell him why they're bad law, bad policy, and bad for public safety. Give him reasons to vote against it.

I agree. They all need it drilled into their heads WHY these bills are no good. Otherwise, good letter. [wink]

Indeed - for each bill you're describing what he already knows. You need to follow each paragraph with another describing why the Bill will create a hardship (or that it's ineffective, unrealistic, un-enforceable, unConstitutional, etc.). Be specific if you can.

Good job. I sent my letters today using yours as a template. I expanded on it, but it saved me time. Thanks!

I receive the email Sunday night at 10 pm about the meeting on Tuesday. I really did'nt have time to expand on each piece of legislature but at least wanted to be heard.
Hey Jeff, things are well, hope the same for you?

So if anyone went today does they have any idea or gauge what the outcome will be from earlier today? I was following GOAL's posts on Facebook and last thing posted was they will see what happens after the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom