• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hows the new hampshire gun scene

I am moving to NH tomorrow. Looking for a club to join and want to know what the good gun stores are. Also want to do some bullseye and idea so looking where competitions are held. sure i can get some pointers here :)

A big problem right now in NH is a shitload of clubs are waitlist/capped deals now, although this shouldn't deter you from moving, there's always somewhere to shoot if you start talking to people.

Where in NH would be helpful.

This^

A big problem right now in NH is a shitload of clubs are waitlist/capped deals now

I didn't know this, and I moved here last September.
Been too busy working to even look around yet for a club to join.
Going to my old club in Mass won't be an option anymore, now that I put non-compliant uppers and non-pinned stocks on my GB lowers, plus I can't legally bring my other new high cap arms down there.

This^

I didn't know this, and I moved here last September.
Been too busy working to even look around yet for a club to join.
Going to my old club in Mass won't be an option anymore, now that I put non-compliant uppers and non-pinned stocks on my GB lowers, plus I can't legally bring my other new high cap arms down there.

Rub it in [emoji106]

A big problem right now in NH is a shitload of clubs are waitlist/capped deals now, although this shouldn't deter you from moving, there's always somewhere to shoot if you start talking to people.

it's true, I am on a waiting list at pioneer right now. But if I really want to shoot I just walk out back into the woods and have at it.

Ill be in dover, at a apartment complex, so no shooting in my tiny yard.

I have heard clubs there have a wait unlike maine where there all actively recruiting.

Ill be in dover, at a apartment complex, so no shooting in my tiny yard.

I have heard clubs there have a wait unlike maine where there all actively recruiting.

Major Waldron's in Barrington is a good club. Great outdoor ranges, skeet, and an indoor range. After a year's membership, you can get an indoor range key and be able to shoot 24/7, which I just did. Less than 10 miles from downtown Dover. When you're in the area, PM me and we'll see if we can hook up for a walk around.

More practical shooters are needed in this club, as it seems to be sliding towards being a shotgunning fudd club. There is a rumor about the possibility of some pistol pits that would facilitate things like IDPA and steel challenge, but it's all just rumor at the moment.

Belmont Firearms is the best gun shop and range I have ever seen. The guy is really cool and he has a bunch of rare guns and guns from movies etc... He also will give you free promotional stuff if you ask.

I live in Dover too. Nice to have another Neser on the seacoast. MWSA is a good range. There is also a range nearby in Berwick Maine. I think it is capped though. Hit me up via PM sometime.

Major Waldron's in Barrington is a good club. Great outdoor ranges, skeet, and an indoor range. After a year's membership, you can get an indoor range key and be able to shoot 24/7, which I just did. Less than 10 miles from downtown Dover. When you're in the area, PM me and we'll see if we can hook up for a walk around.

More practical shooters are needed in this club, as it seems to be sliding towards being a shotgunning fudd club. There is a rumor about the possibility of some pistol pits that would facilitate things like IDPA and steel challenge, but it's all just rumor at the moment.

Bro, we need to hook up one of these days, I can pretend to be practical. Or tactical. Either way, I still want to check Waldron's out this summer and probably try to join. It's too close to me not to.

Bro, we need to hook up one of these days, I can pretend to be practical. Or tactical. Either way, I still want to check Waldron's out this summer and probably try to join. It's too close to me not to.

Broseph, next time you're around on a Friday or Monday morning, let me know. I'll give you a tour and we can get some trigger time. In a couple of weeks, I'll have my club certification so I can have a guest on the indoor range, so no matter the weather, or time of day.

Broseph, next time you're around on a Friday or Monday morning, let me know. I'll give you a tour and we can get some trigger time. In a couple of weeks, I'll have my club certification so I can have a guest on the indoor range, so no matter the weather, or time of day.

I'm a member as well and can host guests (outdoor range only) feel free to hit me up as well. For anyone else reading this if you live in the area feel free to PM me and we can arrange a time for you to use the range as a guest.

I'm a member as well and can host guests (outdoor range only) feel free to hit me up as well. For anyone else reading this if you live in the area feel free to PM me and we can arrange a time for you to use the range as a guest.

I didn't know you got back as a member, great! have you got your membership card for this year yet? They're completely upside down after transitioning to a new membership secretary over the winter.

I've been up here for years; on the waiting list at the Londonderry club right now; kinda frustrating. Seems like you basically have to wait until somebody dies at one of these clubs to join. But I'm soooo sick of indoor ranges so I'll be patient.

I didn't know you got back as a member, great! have you got your membership card for this year yet? They're completely upside down after transitioning to a new membership secretary over the winter.

Yea I renewed the end of February before the cutoff. I didn't get my membership card until like last week. Although I didn't get the range code with my card.

The board at Major Waldrons has been hostile to action shooting sports. Just ask anyone who participated with the action shooters within the last few years, or how its previous incarnations have ended up.

I'd be surprised if action pits were ever installed. The shotgunners seem to run the place. The 300 yard range is nice, if that's all one needs. But practical shooters should look elsewhere.

Last edited:
The board at Major Waldrons has been hostile to action shooting sports. Just ask anyone who participated with the action shooters within the last few years, or how its previous incarnations have ended up.

I'd be surprised if action pits were ever installed. The shotgunners seem to run the place. The 300 yard range is nice, if that's all one needs. But practical shooters should look elsewhere.

thats a shame, there near me and action shooting is my big goal to get into

The Action shooter's group has become more active in the several months I've been involved, and there are people who seem to be interested in bringing some practical shooting back to the club. I am hoping to start talking to some people about making noise in that regard. If I get drummed out of the club for it, so be it. North Berwick is more active in this regard, but their indoor range is frangible ammo only, which is a PITA, and it's farther from me, but I'll go up there if I have to.

The Action shooter's group has become more active in the several months I've been involved, and there are people who seem to be interested in bringing some practical shooting back to the club. I am hoping to start talking to some people about making noise in that regard. If I get drummed out of the club for it, so be it. North Berwick is more active in this regard, but their indoor range is frangible ammo only, which is a PITA, and it's farther from me, but I'll go up there if I have to.

I saw both berwicks have clubs how do north and south compare?

I saw both berwicks have clubs how do north and south compare?

I don't know anything about South Berwick, and very little about the North. I've only been on the property once for a first aid class a few years ago. They have pretty good pictures on the website, I think. Seems like a decent club, with some pretty active IDPA guys who also shoot a lot at Scarborough.

I don't know anything about South Berwick, and very little about the North. I've only been on the property once for a first aid class a few years ago. They have pretty good pictures on the website, I think. Seems like a decent club, with some pretty active IDPA guys who also shoot a lot at Scarborough.

I was just at the South Berwick range this weekend as a friend is a member there. It is a nice range. Pistol and rifle are separate enclosures but next to each other. Pistol goes out to 150ft but each lane is a dedicated distance with only two lanes for 150ft. Rimfire rifle only on the pistol range, no centerfire. Rifle range has 50, 100, and 200 yd targets with bays for each distance (2-3 bays per distance I think). 200 yard berm has two steel targets.

Back
Top Bottom