• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How would you like a factory engraved Glock?

Whiskeywon

NES Member
I've seen the CZ engraved handguns and while wildly gaudy in nature, they are at least fully decorated. This thing is a special kind of tactical tupperware that I'm not sure should exist. haha Definitely worth sharing because while I've seen a lot of different things that have been decorative, something with a large portion of polymer wasn't one.
He's correct in saying they will probably be collectible soon enough, but still not for me.
Next thing you know we'll have gold inlet and leafed Hi-points with the pattern being in dollar signs to match their Gucci Hi-point.

Next thing you know we'll have gold inlet and leafed Hi-points with the pattern being in dollar signs to match their Gucci Hi-point.

I very much doubt that, as Gun Jesus stated in the video, these are from 2002-03.

Gun Jesus made a good point: back in probably 1900, 1901, people probably looked at factory engraved C96s and FN1899s/1900s as abominations as they thought anything beyond the Colt SAA or New Army was new fangled technology and unworthy of engraving. I personally don't have an interest in an engraved Glock, but I also don't have an interest in any Glock. There's not much of a market for engraved Glocks so the market took care of this "problem." These will eventually be highly valued as the current generation of shooters (Gen X, Gen Y) become crotchety yet monied old men who want something they couldn't have when they were young. Like guys with BBQ or overly embellished 1911s these days.

That's like engraving a hammer. Why?

These were shown at SHOT Show and come with a NRA certificate stating as such. Proof of concept? Attract Texan buyers? Art?

my first thought before i watched the video was acid etched or laser engraved. they are well done...but on a glock? as whacko said..
my feelings "like putting lipstick on a pig."

i can see some nutjob dictator in south america having one in his holster. and some family members from the saudi royal family, also. ian said it, they'll appeal to someone. just not me.

yeah, I agree that if you want it done then get it done. But IMO a Glock is not that type of gun.

What's wrong? Never wanted to have a gold inlet drill with a candy cane striped gold leaf drill bit? But yeah, that was my initial reaction.

I very much doubt that, as Gun Jesus stated in the video, these are from 2002-03.

Gun Jesus made a good point: back in probably 1900, 1901, people probably looked at factory engraved C96s and FN1899s/1900s as abominations as they thought anything beyond the Colt SAA or New Army was new fangled technology and unworthy of engraving. I personally don't have an interest in an engraved Glock, but I also don't have an interest in any Glock. There's not much of a market for engraved Glocks so the market took care of this "problem." These will eventually be highly valued as the current generation of shooters (Gen X, Gen Y) become crotchety yet monied old men who want something they couldn't have when they were young. Like guys with BBQ or overly embellished 1911s these days.

These were shown at SHOT Show and come with a NRA certificate stating as such. Proof of concept? Attract Texan buyers? Art?
I don't much care for engraving on firearms, but I can basically accept it on any full metal gun. Start getting into polymer guns and it just seems juxtaposition (though even on metal frame guns I feel similar, just not as strongly)

Last edited:
Glocks are ugly, boxy, and plain Jane. Making plain Jane wear a fancy dress won't make her look less plain. The only guns that are ok to engrave IMO, are Gucci shotguns like H&H, Sauer&Sohn, Suhl, stuff like that. I can see a side by side rifle in Africa caliber engraved as well. Or a nice vintage with engraving of the same time period. Anything else is preposterous, like that 1911 from that Jesse James douche.

my first thought before i watched the video was acid etched or laser engraved. they are well done...but on a glock? as whacko said..

my feelings "like putting lipstick on a pig."

i can see some nutjob dictator in south america having one in his holster. and some family members from the saudi royal family, also. ian said it, they'll appeal to someone. just not me.
I wouldn't say lipstick on a pig. Glocks are tools. GOOD tools......maybe I should have said it's like engraving a snap on hammer.......good quality tool.....that does not need any "bling" lol

Glocks are ugly, boxy, and plain Jane. Making plain Jane wear a fancy dress won't make her look less plain. The only guns that are ok to engrave IMO, are Gucci shotguns like H&H, Sauer&Sohn, Suhl, stuff like that. I can see a side by side rifle in Africa caliber engraved as well. Or a nice vintage with engraving of the same time period. Anything else is preposterous, like that 1911 from that Jesse James douche.
Engraving on just about any decent hunting iron is ok in my book. Browning auto 5s always had a nice looking scroll work on the receiver. Ithaca pumps.....a little engraving is a nice touch. Doesn't have to be a high end "gucci" gun to warrant a little scrolling. But a glock is a tool and that's always been their pitch.......engraving one is just odd to me.

An engraved Glock makes about as much sense as some of the Agency Arms $2,000 Glocks I see for sale.

File under: Things that make you say “WTF?”
Pretty much. Seeing some of these posts made me think of some of the attempts to make minivans look cool. They are perfectly utilitarian, but otherwise never going to be artful or exceptional in style.
2016SEMA_Extreme_Sienna_01_93C6D791A1982D15B2D5FFC689A4ADF1830CB07D.jpg

An engraved Glock makes about as much sense as some of the Agency Arms $2,000 Glocks I see for sale.

File under: Things that make you say “WTF?”
Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels the same way about the Agency Arms and Salient Arms Glocks. I didn't want to be the first person in this thread to mention that[laugh]

$2500-$3000 for a Glock!? JFC I could buy almost 2 Dan Wesson 1911's for that kind of money. But to each their own I guess.

Just hilarious seeing them for sale in the classifieds hoping they'll get all of their money back. But I digress...

I had to laugh. Beautiful high dollar guns. Almost art worthy....and yet they use the same old shitty night sights as always. When will Glock stop relying on aftermarket sights

But yea...put me in line for one. I like to gold and black.

LOL, almost exactly my first thought though I was thinking screwdriver or wrench. Glocks are effective tools, but NOT something you buy for aesthetics and definitely not a canvas for 'bedazzling'.

Back
Top Bottom