How would you hide your gun safe?

I am having a new mattress delivered in a week or so and my safe is in my bed. I can hide 1/2 by leaving a closet door open. I was thinking of hanging towels over it. Any better ideas? It's 500 lbs so moving it is not an option.

Toss a towel and leave the door open. IME the delivery guys are in and out really quick and I always stayed with them "watching". They make money by getting it done fast, not talking a lot.

Have them leave it outside the bedroom, you need to clean and vacuum before you put in on there.

is the safe in your bedroom or is it one of those under the bed safes? Under the bed use a duvet cover....free standing just throw a cover on it...

Have the delivery guys drop the mattress at the door and go home.

Are you really going to let strangers into your bedroom?

I never let delivery people into places like the bedroom. I had them bring the new mattress and just stand it in the hallway. I moved it in myself to avoid problems like that.

Take all the contents out and hide them else where while they're in the house, leave the safe door wide open and shown empty.

In conversation, just mention you will have more room when your brother in law picks up the safe at the weekend, they took the guns away and you've been looking forward to a good quality mattress after just getting out after 15 years in the hole. Try and look menacing and not like Tim Allan on tool time.... [rofl]

harry

Have the delivery guys drop the mattress at the door and go home.

Are you really going to let strangers into your bedroom?

Not a bad idea. Leave the old ones downstairs/in the front hall, where ever. Have them leave the new ones where the old ones were. A bit of work for you to carry old ones from the bedroom and carry new ones in, but the payoff is not tipping off a couple of random strangers that you have a safe full of guns in the house. And people arent stupid- big safe=guns.

I never let strangers in the house... never.

Last ten years, I can count the people who came into my house on two hands and they were all family or friends. Shows how little friends I have... the Hermit is strong with me. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom