• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How to transfer blackpowder rifle.

IANAL, nor do I play one on TV, but insofar as I am aware, there is no need. In fact, you will probably be hard pressed to find a serial number on that musket, as they aren't even required to have those, making it a wee bit difficult to file an FA10 even if you wanted to.

pick up musket hand to other person ''here you go'' thats it they require no paper work as an antique as far as i know cartridge fireing antiques like old winchesters or even mosins or mausers that are pre 1899 do not require any paper work as well.

No FA-10 is needed if it's a long gun. If it's a BP handgun, you need an LTC to even possess it, but still don't need to fill out an FA-10.

No FA-10 is needed if it's a long gun. If it's a BP handgun, you need an LTC to even possess it, but still don't need to fill out an FA-10.
I do not think thats true. ANYTHING , a replica or not, a BP HGun and IIRC anything made before 1898, so some cartridge pistols can be bought or sold w/o a FA10. I'd have to look it up......thats a recollection.

You need an LTC to carry a BP handgun, but for ownership/transport....nothing is required. You can get them mailed to your house.

You need an LTC to carry a BP handgun, but for ownership/transport....nothing is required. You can get them mailed to your house.

I can attest to this.......My father purchased a BP Handgun for me for my b-day and shipped it out to me from Oregon via the USPS

I do not think thats true. ANYTHING , a replica or not, a BP HGun and IIRC anything made before 1898, so some cartridge pistols can be bought or sold w/o a FA10. I'd have to look it up......thats a recollection.

Actually, you do need an LTC to even possess a BP handgun in the home in Massachusetts. Below I've linked to two recent posts that I made on the subject:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...opsfield-MA-Man-Shoots-Out-Tires-On-Son-s-Car

Yes, one must have an LTC (or fall under one of the narrow exemptions to the licensing requirement) to even possess a handgun in the home in MA. Follow the chain laid out in 269-10(h)(1), 140-129C 1st para & 140-129B(6). Seay was decided before the MGL's changed in 1998.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...er-as-Halloween-costume?p=1623741#post1623741

By MGL no LTC is needed to possess certain blackpowder longguns, but the courts feel otherwise when it comes to the criminal penalty for carrying one, or even possessing a BP handgun.

http://masscases.com/cases/app/54/54massappct158.html

It appears that the legislators forgot about 269 when drafting the law, and this is what you guy's in Mass. are left with.

No FA-10 is needed to transfer BP, but BP handguns are still regulated by criminal law, and require an LTC to even possess (or transport) in Massachusetts. Example #1,339 why the Mass. gun laws suck.

I've never shot a BP gun. Just a random fact of the day. Are they fun? How about for home defense? (I've gone full retard again)

Insert Tactical......MUZZLELOADERRRRR

SF-HNBS_HRN4100-B.jpg

one thing everyone forgot to mention.

In Masachusetts, make sure the person is 18. get a copy of their drivers license.

thats all you need.

I've never shot a BP gun. Just a random fact of the day. Are they fun? How about for home defense? (I've gone full retard again)

Insert Tactical......MUZZLELOADERRRRR

they are great for home defense. If you get a blunderbuss, you can load it with 6 or 7 .30 cal balls, or 2 .45 cal balls, 3 or 4 .30cal balls and birdshot.

theres are a lot of loads you can use for a blunderbuss, and they would destroy someone.

black powder six shooters are great too, specially if you have one with a 12" barrel. Mine makes everyone at the range go "Holy s**t"

and they look great in court. They just look like an old gun that came from "the patriot" movie, and only has one shot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom