How To Shoot Eighteen .22LR Rounds At One Time

Looks like fun, but for practical purposes, wouldn't it make more sense to undermount a 12gauge? Or is it just dumb to even discuss practicality with this device?

Everythingzillegal in mazzashootsits.

Too bad none (caveat) of you can own one even NFA. (I'm assuming because multiple-bullerts-per-trigger it means it's a post-ban MG which means dealers only.)

Completely frivolous. Might as well have a shotgun with #4Buckshot. And a bit more accurate to boot, I'd bet.

More designed to "see if it could be done," I guess.

Too bad none (caveat) of you can own one even NFA. (I'm assuming because multiple-bullerts-per-trigger it means it's a post-ban MG which means dealers only.)

Completely frivolous. Might as well have a shotgun with #4Buckshot. And a bit more accurate to boot, I'd bet.

In theory, it could be more powerful than a 12 gauage buckshot. Load it up with something hot like stingers and you're hitting for over 3000ft/lbs at the muzzle when you add up all the bullets. Although, I don't know if energy transfer works as simple as my math when it comes to buckshot vs 18 individual .22lr bullets.

Just logistically though, shotgun shells are smaller and lighter than a 40mm cylinder full of .22lr. And I'm sure you're right about accuracy as well.

They've been around for a long time. I saw my first one about 16-17 years ago.

Would definitely put a hurt on someone.

Volley guns aren't MGs, which is how we got this abortion:
1621345204949.png

Too bad no one makes them in 37mm. I wonder if one could just be "turned down" 3mm.
I'd register my M79 clone (Spikes Tactical Thumper) in a heartbeat.
There is one or 2 on Gunbroker everyday, different configurations and prices.

RC

Too bad no one makes them in 37mm. I wonder if one could just be "turned down" 3mm.
I'd register my M79 clone (Spikes Tactical Thumper) in a heartbeat.
There is one or 2 on Gunbroker everyday, different configurations and prices.

RC
They don’t do that because if you put it into a 37 , said 37 becomes an illegal DD just by inserting the adapter... Which would only be kosher if you registered it which nobody is going to do for a stupid 37... lol

What the AFT doesn’t see, can’t go across their asses sideways.

The problem is the AFT gets pissy about such things, and if someone starts manufacturing a 37 and selling it openly, I am betting they get the sue simmons treatment.

Then if they persist then some dumb ruling happens that makes things worse.

I am guessing "nobodys done it in quantity because its not worth the legal aggravation"

The problem is the AFT gets pissy about such things, and if someone starts manufacturing a 37 and selling it openly, I am betting they get the sue simmons treatment.

Then if they persist then some dumb ruling happens that makes things worse.

I am guessing "nobodys done it in quantity because its not worth the legal aggravation"
Again, what fags don’t see, they can’t put down their throats. I don’t know where you mainly shoot you’re firearms, none of my business. But the places that I mainly discharge firearms, if you’re a fed.... this includes the back deck. No feds or fuds or liberals of any color allowed.

Reminds me of the oil filter adapter thing.

100 years ago apparently you could just buy those.

Then AFT got a pole up its ass and ruled that the adapter itself was now an NFA device, a Suppressor. So now you can't just "go buy one" anymore (well, or at least not something made and marketed as such).
Again, what fags don’t see, they can’t put down their throats. I don’t know where you mainly shoot you’re firearms, none of my business. But the places that I mainly discharge firearms, if you’re a fed.... this includes the back deck. No feds or fuds or liberals of any color allowed.
That's not really what I'm talking about I'm talking about the exposure of people that manufacture the things commercially. EG, the reason you don't find these on the shelf next to a spikes 37 at a gun shop....

If you can make one of these in your basement then by all means... ;)

They don’t do that because if you put it into a 37 , said 37 becomes an illegal DD just by inserting the adapter... Which would only be kosher if you registered it which nobody is going to do for a stupid 37... lol
Stop being SO opinionated. There are many people that have don just this.
That is why they sell solid aluminum 37mm to (REAL) 12Ga adapters.
I have been thinking about doing it to my Spikes M-79 clone just so I can reload more then just fireworks.
I can shoot smoke grenades and fireworks that explode but "ATF forbid" I shoot a cat-toy sized tennis ball or a foam projectile.

RC

Wait. What about that soda-can shooter thing??? Is that somehow illegal????

Years ago, I would shoot clays with a buddy of mine several times a summer. Just him and me on an empty field. We had a crappy spring-loaded launcher that would work it's way out of the ground every 3rd or 4th shot.

Anyhow, a hand-held thrower is just as bad.

Found that MTM made a hand-thrower attached to a fiberglass pole.

THAT was challenging. A crosser on that thing was near impossible. Clay was going 234mph at least. It was nearly breaking the sound barrier. LOL

So they could do teh same thing with those dog-ball-thrower things. Fiberglass pole and some nice foam grips. Launch Fido's toy into next week.

OH, you can have a cannon, airsoft grenade launcher, potato cannon, shotgun, or a can cannon and shoot anything you want through it.
BUT once you have a 37mm launcher suddenly you are immediately limited to what is considered legal to shoot and what is considered "anti-personnel".
The closest insult is the Can Cannon and the 37mm launchers. They are identical in function but still live in 2 different legal categories. Quite annoying actually.

RC

I’m not aware of any of them currently made for 37 mm. In theory if you register your 37 mm you could use one. But they’re not available on the market because the manufacturers risk and liability because someone will buy it and use it in a non-registered 37 mm or sell it to someone without a tax stamp or the manufacturer would have to require your NFA paperwork. There’s just no money in it...

And no you couldn’t turn down a 40 mm one to fit in a 37 mm

Last edited:
I had one of those when I had my M79.

they are fun. But fussy. I don’t think I ever got it to shoot all the rounds at the same time.

but it didn’t matter.. it was a hoot!

Back
Top Bottom