How to search for same state (NH) classifieds?

In the previous classified system, it was very easy to setup a saved search for items by state. I found that handy as a non-MA resident to find local items for sale. I've made a few attempts at Advanced Search with "Location NH" in the Classifieds (and sub-forums), but seem to get mixed results, including things that don't really 'match' what I'm hoping for.

Has any one had success finding items by state? If so, how?

I appreciate any assistance!

I worked on this for a while since the original post and haven't made any progress. I'm pretty sure NH is under the (3 letter?) minimum search criteria, and wildcard search is disabled, making it effectively impossible to filter by means of a search.

You can sort-of breeze through a forum by mousing over each listing and it will alt-text the first few lines of the listing next to the mouse. However, if the poster didn't put the Location: line at/near the top this doesn't work. A number of posts don't include the location at all, making you rely on their profile location or something like "inside I-95."

Does anyone have a working solution?

What about making a rule to put (MA), (NH), etc. in the subject line?

I noticed 3-letter search was enabled, is there any chance the use of this with wildcards should help? Please let me know if you have this working. Thanks!

I worked on this for a while since the original post and haven't made any progress. I'm pretty sure NH is under the (3 letter?) minimum search criteria, and wildcard search is disabled, making it effectively impossible to filter by means of a search.

You can sort-of breeze through a forum by mousing over each listing and it will alt-text the first few lines of the listing next to the mouse. However, if the poster didn't put the Location: line at/near the top this doesn't work. A number of posts don't include the location at all, making you rely on their profile location or something like "inside I-95."

Does anyone have a working solution?

What about making a rule to put (MA), (NH), etc. in the subject line?

The problem with that kind of rule is getting people to follow it. Mods only have so much time.

Back
Top Bottom