How to safely defend yourself against road rage...NOT

You commuter guys crack me up. So butt hurt over traffic, yet how many years have you been doing it? At my last job, I knew I was staying there for a while, so I bought a house close by. 13 miles door to door, all back roads.

I did the commute thing to Boston from the cape for about a year and stopped as soon as I found a clisef job. Took a small pay cut, but no more traffic. Sitting in traffic for 2 hours every night is a nightmare.

Also, you know that people block lanes, drive under the speed limit, rubber neck for everything and so on. Leave earlier and just enjoy your coffee and morning radio. Or better yet, stop rat racing and find something closer to home.

I’m with you now.
Sorry but every time I hear fast lane, high speed lane, hammer lane, or whatever it’s usually by someone who parks their ass over there and thinks they decide what “fast” is.

For “those mfrs” it’s a friggin PASSING LANE and whether you’re going 50 or 150 (and I don’t care which) you have no business being in it, if you’re not currently passing someone.
Nothing gheyer than some bag of syphilitic dicks lining up 25 people behind him because he wants to play Trooper.

It's not the camper. Polite Polly right behind them. If you're tooling around at 60 in a 65 in teh left lane and there are 20 cars waiting, it's hard to claim some sort of right. 99 out of 100, a simple flash of the lights by Polite Polly gets them to realize their moronic error and move over - watching a convoy of cars pass them. The one out 100 - meh. Just be ready for a break check and have a dash cam. Self-rightous Steve needs an ass-kicking is all. LOL. Maybe send him up against this guy.

Look at the guys face right around 4th, or 5th shot.
You can see that he is wondering if he has glass coverage.

I've had a license for 34 years. I've noticed that the amount of road rage and people that drive like complete arseholes is directly related to your distance from a major metropolitan area.
ie: The closer you are to the city, the more arseholes there are.
I drove 84 West out of and back into Hartford yesterday, let me tell you what a treat that was. On a Sunday no less.

Like I said, he’s most likely a douche and I wouldn’t have cared what he wanted. I’d have continued passing and after I did I’d have pushed back over to let him go.
Exactly what I did. Using an emergency as an excuse is just looking for trouble. When my oldest daughter was 2 she had a grand mal seizure while we were bringing her to the ER. I was a 21 year old at the time and pulled into a fire department to get help. They brought her and my wife in the ambulance and the fire chief held me there until a cruiser showed up. He explained that he had seen too many accidents from people rushing to the hospital. He gave me a choice, have the cop take me or have the cop follow me. I've never forgotten that piece of information.

It's not the camper. Polite Polly right behind them. If you're tooling around at 60 in a 65 in teh left lane and there are 20 cars waiting, it's hard to claim some sort of right. 99 out of 100, a simple flash of the lights by Polite Polly gets them to realize their moronic error and move over - watching a convoy of cars pass them. The one out 100 - meh. Just be ready for a break check and have a dash cam. Self-rightous Steve needs an ass-kicking is all. LOL. Maybe send him up against this guy.
I disagree that it’s not the camper because regardless of speed, if he isn’t passing, he simply doesn’t belong there.
I do agree that at some point number two in line has a duty to “help” said camper see the error of their ways but, they seldom do. Imho it’s because they’re also under the impression it’s a “high speed” lane. Here’s another news flash for them. The speed limit is the same in every lane and just about everyone is exceeding it. If they want to control it I’m sure MSP has an academy coming up.

Edit: I’ve been way too serious in this thread and clearly need to get back to making dumb jokes and shit posting.
That’s much more my forteeeeeehhhhhh.
Yup that’s a 40 joke and I’d like to dedicate it to @dgrantdoherty who will hopefully pop in to break my balls and make this thread actually fun.

Last edited:
I do have to respect shoot through your own windows and windshield while they are up…

You commuter guys crack me up. So butt hurt over traffic, yet how many years have you been doing it? At my last job, I knew I was staying there for a while, so I bought a house close by. 13 miles door to door, all back roads.

I did the commute thing to Boston from the cape for about a year and stopped as soon as I found a clisef job. Took a small pay cut, but no more traffic. Sitting in traffic for 2 hours every night is a nightmare.

Also, you know that people block lanes, drive under the speed limit, rubber neck for everything and so on. Leave earlier and just enjoy your coffee and morning radio. Or better yet, stop rat racing and find something closer to home.

Lol for some of us it's not that simple. To take a non cup job in what I do, unless i move out of state it's easily a 50% pay/bennies cut plus massive limitations on advancement. I will admit I f***ed up 20 years ago by not buying a 2 decker in Arlington. By now it'd be paid off and I'd be getting rental income....

@In God We Trust at least now i sti get 2 teleworking days a week which makes it so much better..... there's currently a war going on with the new director wrt telework.... it could get better or remain the same after that battle is done but time will tell. WFH on Fridays is a huge improvement.... because it avoids various kinds of bullshit traffic that only happens on Fridays....

@In God We Trust at least now i sti get 2 teleworking days a week which makes it so much better..... there's currently a war going on with the new director wrt telework.... it could get better or remain the same after that battle is done but time will tell. WFH on Fridays is a huge improvement.... because it avoids various kinds of bullshit traffic that only happens on Fridays....
Yeah Friday was the worst for me when I did it. I’d hit all the cape traffic no matter how early I left. We usually would work like 16 hours on fridays I. The summer. Better to get paid than sit in traffic.

Work from home is awesome for you guys that can do it. My brother used to commute from VA to DC 5 days a week and that’s probably the worst traffic in the country. Now he only goes I. Once a week. He loves it.

I disagree that it’s not the camper because regardless of speed, if he isn’t passing, he simply doesn’t belong there.
I do agree that at some point number two in line has a duty to “help” said camper see the error of their ways but, they seldom do. Imho it’s because they’re also under the impression it’s a “high speed” lane. Here’s another news flash for them. The speed limit is the same in every lane and just about everyone is exceeding it. If they want to control it I’m sure MSP has an academy coming up.

Edit: I’ve been way too serious in this thread and clearly need to get back to making dumb jokes and shit posting.
That’s much more my forteeeeeehhhhhh.
Yup that’s a 40 joke and I’d like to dedicate it to @dgrantdoherty who will hopefully pop in to break my balls and make this thread actually fun.

9 times out of 10 that I pass a camper, they have NO CLUE HOW TO DRIVE ON A HIGHWAY. They tend to be young and "foreign looking." The amount of actual traffic instruction they receive for a US license is ZERO. Same goes for inner-city youffs. The worst highway drivers out there are young black women. Nothing against them. It isn't their fault. They barely get their license in a lot of cases. No one is out there showing them how to drive. And it shows. It's not about daddy or whatever. Just NO ONE takes the time to teach them. So they are out there looking like they are trying to navigate on the Millennium Falcon in hyperspace or something. Just total cluelessness on their faces. Fear and cluelessness. I couldn't imagine giving my kids that LITTLE instruction in a 3,000# steel cage that could kill them.

An actual drivers test would certainly help. Something that requires some skill and knowledge such as required for a cdl.

Oh and the obligatory.

1678823902031.gif

Back
Top Bottom