• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How to recognize a Northeast Shooter

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
No, it's not a riddle.

I saw a thread in gun shows where people were mentioning the Marlboro gun show, so it occurred to me that we need some way to recognize each other. Some kind of button or something...

Any suggestions?

Ross

You know that's actually a really cool idea. We need to get those Mods to get into the think-tank and figure out a nice little button or badge or something for us.

I actually got the idea from a mailing list I'm on... it's for Nortel equipment users, and there was a Nortel User's conference. We put @ signs in yellow on our convention badges.

Maybe crossed AR-15s on a custom button of some sort? We can have them made by Nancy at www.nancybuttons.com. In fact, Nancy has some anti-gun control buttons on her site if you want to browse.

Ross

Oh I know lets wear carhart, no how about camo, no plaid?
my wife allways has a hard time finding me at these things. she says it is putting on the uniform. Plaid shirt with Jeans and a ballcap. Like EVERYone else! So I don't have a good sugestion.

My dog recognizes his friends by smelling their butt.

[help] sorry I'll try to bring it up a notch

.......maby

........nah, I'm having way to much fun [twisted]

If you decide on hats or shirts or something like that... I have a very good friend that owns an embroidery and screen printing shop...

I know we would get a good deal

Adam

Caps sound like a good idea. But possibly instead of crossed AR's, how about something a little more universal to everyone? Not that I mind AR's. I own one, and happen to like it.

Moderator said:
My dog recognizes his friends by smelling their butt.

[help] sorry I'll try to bring it up a notch

.......maby

........nah, I'm having way to much fun [twisted]

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

How bout a button or patch with a crossed AR and an M-1 with the words NORTHEAST SHOOTERS either superimposed or NORTHEAST above and SHOOTERS below?

Or something in a similar vein. I mean, I'm a pistol shooter, but our host is a rifleman, so I'm trying to suck up^H^H^H^H^H^H^H come up with a design that most folks will like.

Ross

Hey, Derek - we need tags for strike outs. ^H may not be understood by everyone...

You realise it is something that will have to stand out. Like Glenn said to me this morning,he's looking at guns,not people.

MrsWildweasel said:
You realise it is something that will have to stand out. Like Glenn said to me this morning,he's looking at guns,not people.

Put the patch on a red camo hat. Or... can we find hats in Hi-Viz yellow camo? THAT'D stand out! [twisted]

Ross

I am easy to spot at Harvard Sportsmens Club.

I always wear by old army bdu's,and usually I am wearing a rucksack with your standard sleeping bag,mess kit mop level 3 gear.I also never go to the range without my Camelback.I wear kneepads,elbowpads and sometimes my Kevlar helmet.

Either that or I am wearing shorts and a t-shirt and asking a lot of questions to whoever I see with an AR.

Greg said:

I always wear by old army bdu's,and usually I am wearing a rucksack with your standard sleeping bag,mess kit mop level 3 gear.I also never go to the range without my Camelback.I wear kneepads,elbowpads and sometimes my Kevlar helmet.

Either that or I am wearing shorts and a t-shirt and asking a lot of questions to whoever I see with an AR.

Do you also have a hatchet hanging off your deuce gear?

Greg said:

I hope you're not in MOPP 3. You'd be REAL easy to spot if you were. I'm real easy to spot, just look for a DeadHorse M/C shirt.

Nickle said:
How about a nice Black Hat, logoed like Ross suggests, except maybe a 1911A1 and an AR, M1 or M14. That should make almost everybody happy, and still look nice.

I was going to suggest that, but I can't figure out how to show a crossed AR and 1911 - size differential, and all that.

Maybe I'll ask a friend who's a pretty good artist to try and come up with something.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom