• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How to print out a copy of the EFA10?

Chuck

NES Member
Hi,

Made a deal using the electronic FA 10. The link provided at the end of the process leads to a completely blank web page (I even checked the HTML source).

Is this a temporary glitch; have y'all you have used EFA10s been able to print them out for your record keeping? Have you ever been able to find the FA10 after the fact?

thanks,
Chuck

Last edited:
I print out two copies every time, one for me and one for the other person. It should say save file/ print.

You get only 1 chance at the end to save it as a PDF. Then you can print or Email it.

If you miss that opportunity, there is no way to go back (designed that way for security purposes) later to get it.

I always love when some guy sends me the PDF for a gun I bought or sold and it's password protected. My PIN, his PIN, random PIN. It just won't open.

Bleep'em. They allegedly know what I own and what I don't. I don't see HOW (considering I've never seen a dealer do an FA-10 when they buy a gun from me), but I don't care. Some day I'll get the list of what I ALLEGEDLY own and match it to my gun safe to see if I'm GTG. Some day.

I always love when some guy sends me the PDF for a gun I bought or sold and it's password protected. My PIN, his PIN, random PIN. It just won't open.

Bleep'em. They allegedly know what I own and what I don't. I don't see HOW (considering I've never seen a dealer do an FA-10 when they buy a gun from me), but I don't care. Some day I'll get the list of what I ALLEGEDLY own and match it to my gun safe to see if I'm GTG. Some day.

An artifact of using a Mac (don't know if iPhones have same problem or not) to do the eFA-10. There was a published work-around but FRB seemingly had no desire to fix the problem (created, I am told) by use of Apple's PDF reader instead of Adobe.

I've run into the "password protected" thing on apple products before. Turns out it ins't actually password protected and opened up fine on a regular computer or android phone.

An artifact of using a Mac (don't know if iPhones have same problem or not) to do the eFA-10. There was a published work-around but FRB seemingly had no desire to fix the problem (created, I am told) by use of Apple's PDF reader instead of Adobe.

No workaround is required on an iPhone. Hit the PRINT button and the document opens on-screen. From there, it can be e-mailed. And the attachment later opens correctly on a PC, iPHone, or iPad.

You get one chance to print the FA10. After that, your SOL. Not that it matters. The FA10 is stored in a database by the state and any cop can pull it up when he runs your license, so there really isn't a reason to have a paper copy.

Only problem is when the run a check..they will always say you have more guns than you really do. I save all to pdf and have it on pen drive.

My understanding is that if you install Adobe Reader as your default program for PDFs there is no problem on Apple devices. It's an Appleware problem, not an FRB problem.

- - - Updated - - -

You get one chance to print the FA10. After that, your SOL. Not that it matters. The FA10 is stored in a database by the state and any cop can pull it up when he runs your license, so there really isn't a reason to have a paper copy.

No they don't get FA-10s, they get a list that is usually inaccurate.

Only problem is when the run a check..they will always say you have more guns than you really do. I save all to pdf and have it on pen drive.

What's the problem with them thinking you have more than you do? I'd rather have the cop think I'm some kind of rich badass. [smile]

I'm on an apple device, and I just do a screenshot of the completed form. It saves it among my photos; from there I can print it, email it, text it, whatever.

That list is anything that has ever been FA10'd onto your name and LTC# and it is usually inaccurate because guns never get taken off when you sell them, correct?

It is a list of all firearms transactions where you were the transferor or transferee. Correct, it would also still include firearms that were then later sold or transferred.

Last edited:
Hi,

Made a deal using the electronic FA 10. The link provided at the end of the process leads to a completely blank web page (I even checked the HTML source).

Is this a temporary glitch; have y'all you have used EFA10s been able to print them out for your record keeping? Have you ever been able to find the FA10 after the fact?

thanks,
Chuck
You can request your firearm transaction history from the firearms records bureau in Chelesa, Ma

I didn't want to start a new thread on efa10's, so I hope someone can help. Here is the summary:

- My grandfather on fathers side is in rapidly deteriorating health and is suffering from severe dementia.
- He owns firearms.
- My aunt has power of attorney, but no LTC.
- My dad doesn't want firearms to be taken by police at grandfathers passing. Dad wants them, but is a NH resident with no LTC.

What dad wants me to do is take custody of firearms and transport to NH so he can keep them.

Can my aunt who has power of attorney complete an efa10, or should we talk to an FFL, and efa10 them in my name after the fact (I just simply register them?)

Thanks for any advice

I didn't want to start a new thread on efa10's, so I hope someone can help. Here is the summary:

- My grandfather on fathers side is in rapidly deteriorating health and is suffering from severe dementia.
- He owns firearms.
- My aunt has power of attorney, but no LTC.
- My dad doesn't want firearms to be taken by police at grandfathers passing. Dad wants them, but is a NH resident with no LTC.

What dad wants me to do is take custody of firearms and transport to NH so he can keep them.

Can my aunt who has power of attorney complete an efa10, or should we talk to an FFL, and efa10 them in my name after the fact (I just simply register them?)

Thanks for any advice

Don't know if a POA is sufficient to transfer the firearms.

Spend the $20 to get a list of the firearms the state thinks he has. If it is my like Dad was all the firearms were old enough, pre 90s, that the state had no record of any of them. If the state doesn't know about then ...

Once he passes whoever is the executor of the state has the power to dispose of the firearms. The executor does not need to have an LTC and they are legal for the purposes of holding the firearms until they are disposed of or the estate is closed. If the estate is closed and the firearms are not transferred and the state knows about them then you might have some problems. Just remember one thing, I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be considered as legal advice.

Spend the $20 to get a list of the firearms the state thinks he has. If it is my like Dad was all the firearms were old enough, pre 90s, that the state had no record of any of them. If the state doesn't know about then ...

Once he passes whoever is the executor of the state has the power to dispose of the firearms. The executor does not need to have an LTC and they are legal for the purposes of holding the firearms until they are disposed of or the estate is closed. If the estate is closed and the firearms are not transferred and the state knows about them then you might have some problems. Just remember one thing, I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be considered as legal advice.
Thank you

Pretty much on track.

NO FFLs are needed on inheritance.

Upon passing of your Grandfather, they become the legal possessions of the person named in the will. If no will (intestate), the state he lives in at the time of his passing has a "pecking order" of who inherits possessions (in general it sounds like the Father). In that case, a person with a MA LTC can transport them to the new owner (Father). NO eFA-10s are necessary if they become the possessions of a NON-MA person. NH residents need NO licenses to own, buy or inherit guns, period!

Worth noting: IANAL just someone who has studied MA gun laws for >40 years.

"Dad" can "loan" you the guns for "sporting purposes" across a state line, that is how you legally get the guns to NH, they were LOANED to you, there is no time limit.

IF Dad had in his will, or a codicil to his will, a specific bequest of firearms ( please list by name and sn) to someone out of state, there is a provision in the law that no FFL need to be involved

IANAL but if there was no specific bequest I would think that a FFL has to be involved, have the executor bring the LONG guns to a FFL in NH with someone licensed in MA (non resident works ) and do a FFL transfer, Pistols may involve 2 FFL's, find one on the border that has one on either side of the border and let them do the transfer

"Dad" can "loan" you the guns for "sporting purposes" across a state line, that is how you legally get the guns to NH, they were LOANED to you, there is no time limit.

IF Dad had in his will, or a codicil to his will, a specific bequest of firearms ( please list by name and sn) to someone out of state, there is a provision in the law that no FFL need to be involved

IANAL but if there was no specific bequest I would think that a FFL has to be involved, have the executor bring the LONG guns to a FFL in NH with someone licensed in MA (non resident works ) and do a FFL transfer, Pistols may involve 2 FFL's, find one on the border that has one on either side of the border and let them do the transfer
Not quite, see my reply above. In any case 2 FFLs are never required by law only on the "receiving side" if it were necessary. Legitimate inheritance does not require any FFLs even across state lines. This is absolutely true in MA and NH. I can only think of totally communist states such as NY, NJ & CA where this might be a problem.

OK so without a specific bequest, a FFL is only needed in the state where the person getting the guns lives.

With a specific bequest no FFL is required.

Agreed?

Back
Top Bottom