How to Prepare For A Red Flag Confiscation Order At Your House

The order is to seize all guns, not a search warrant. By offering to produce the guns in a non-threatening manner you remove the "we had to enter because he refused to turn over the guns" and have a much stronger case if there is a warrantless search.

Refusing to produce guns when ordered to surrender such provides a stronger basis for a search than cooperating with the order but not consenting to search or entry.

I have a feeling they are coming in no matter what you do.
Feel you were wronged ?
Fine, we'll see you in a court case we'll drag out for a couple of years to financially ruin you.

These are actually principles I admire. Of course, at my house, the cute catch phrases would be followed with " or I will stop it with 45acp hollow points."
yep, only traits everyone wishes for their household, but posting signs around the property, nah. it would be like me putting up protected by s&w or beware of owner signage. let the visitor beware are my words to live by. it's good for them to have a little fear of the unknown when they step over the threshold. lol

it's good for them to have a little fear of the unknown when they step over the threshold. lol
iu

Unless we piss off Comm2a with an illegal search and they fund the case.
Rob, I do appreciate you and Comm2a

But I have to say, I’m 45. I’m not spending a decade of what life I have left, fighting such a stupid immoral illegal law in court.

There is no justice in the court system today. And what little does manage to seep out takes decades.

This will not be resolved in a court. It just won’t be.

Even if it’s just resolved by one dead person at a time, which it may be, the courts will not be any sort of salvation.

Onesies and twosies would work in court. All out seizure and confiscation raids using Red Flag as a premise... would not.

Maybe Maahty will establish a red flag confiscation defense fund for MA taxpayers instead of giving $ to ilegales:
Boston’s mayor launched the the Greater Boston Immigrant Defense Fund in 2017 to help immigrants facing deportation to hire lawyers.

The order is to seize all guns, not a search warrant. By offering to produce the guns in a non-threatening manner you remove the "we had to enter because he refused to turn over the guns" and have a much stronger case if there is a warrantless search.

Refusing to produce guns when ordered to surrender such provides a stronger basis for a search than cooperating with the order but not consenting to search or entry.

So...for those of us with a collection and fewer cases than firearms to provide to comply with your suggested course....do you go out and buy a case and lock for each firearm and stack them like cordwood in your living room? The only firearm-specific rifle cases I have is the pelican that came with my Barrett and the back[pack that came with my 10-22 takedown. The rest share cases as needed for legal transport. Also, in the case of storage in multiple residences or states, what's *THAT* answer?

Rob, I do appreciate you and Comm2a

But I have to say, I’m 45. I’m not spending a decade of what life I have left, fighting such a stupid immoral illegal law in court.

There is no justice in the court system today. And what little does manage to seep out takes decades.

This will not be resolved in a court. It just won’t be.

Even if it’s just resolved by one dead person at a time, which it may be, the courts will not be any sort of salvation.

I am with you! I am much older than you are and the only reward I have gotten for being a nice person waiting on becoming a felon one day is bulldozer Don roaming disgusting smelly swamp I can't stand anymore.

A Red Flag Order Is Not Worth Dying For
BY JOHN BOCH |

APR 20, 2019
A Red Flag Order Is Not Worth Dying For - The Truth About Guns

Over the last week or so, our stories on Red Flag orders have proven…controversial. The first, “What To Do If Police Show Up At Your Door With A Red Flag Confiscation Order” stirred up a lot of emotions. But the “How to Prepare For A Red Flag Confiscation Order At Your House” seriously elevated a lot of people’s blood pressure.

Plenty of readers in comment section said they would refuse to comply with officers serving a red flag order against them. Plenty more suggested that they would fight to the death to resist.

Like this one:

And let me add, THEY can’t take them if THEY are dead.

DO NOT COMPLY.

It’s time for active militia’s in all 50 states.

Or this one:

“They have the right to enter and the will do it. If you resist, they will use force. Up to and including deadly force.”

“Red flag laws” are constitutionally invalid, so anyone trying to enforce such laws doesn’t have any “right” whatsoever to enter your home. A citizen, however, is well within his rights to use whatever force he needs to in order to repel such an assault, up to and including deadly force.

Or one of my favorites:

I strongly advise surrendering after the SWAT team arrives in response to your shooting the first offenders several times each. Then you can be really noisy in court and people will actually be listening!

While I attribute a lot of this #resistance talk to keyboard warrior chest-thumping, let’s keep things in perspective. It’s not like Big Government has passed a decree banning all guns and UN storm troopers are going house-to-house confiscating everyone’s firearms and shooting their dogs (not necessarily in that order).

These “extreme risk protection orders” or “gun violence restraining orders” — whatever they may be called in your state — while grossly unconstitutional, are temporary. Every state where this is law has a specified hearing date, usually about ten to fourteen days after confiscation. At that hearing, the gun owner who’s been temporarily stripped of his or her gun rights has an opportunity to contest the initial complaint in front of a judge. If the judge adjudicates the complaint as unfounded, your rights are restored and you’ll soon get your guns back.

The article on “how to prepare” suggests storing some of your guns in other locations only you know about so you can access them immediately once you are again legal to possess them. In other words, so you can defend yourself and your family (at least the ones who didn’t file a vexatious complaint against you in the first place) in that window of time between when the judge throws out the complaint and when the local constabulary releases your property.

If police show up at your door, are you really going to fight to the death to resist instead of submitting to a(n admittedly wrong) short-term inconvenience? That doesn’t make sense. Especially if you’re a normally well-balanced individual who, when you appear in court, will show up reasonably well-dressed, well-groomed, calm, cool and collected. Seeing that, the judge will probably throw out the original order.

After all, if a judge sees you don’t have a tail, horns or fangs and you appear mentally and emotionally sound, the claims against you will look unfounded at best, and maliciously defamatory at worst.

Yes, it will cost you a thousand bucks or more to hire a decent attorney to fight the bogus accusations. Is your life worth a thousand bucks? Mine sure is. Yours is too.

Not only that, as I noted in the “how to prepare” story, signing up with a company like US Law Shield that will represent you in a red flag hearing gives you the peace of mind knowing you won’t have to spend money you probably don’t have hiring a good attorney to represent you in the formal hearing.

What’s more, after the first red flag gets beaten back, I suspect any judge worth their salt will look at subsequent filings against the same person with a heaping helping of skepticism.

Yes, if Diane Feinstein gets her way, the Democrats vote to ban all guns and the UN “peacekeeping troops” land on American shores to forcibly disarm us during the day and rape our wives and daughters at night (stories 1 2 3 45…), plenty of Americans like me will be delighted to poke holes in the men under those blue helmets, both up close and from a quarter-mile away.

But shooting a cop on your doorstep carrying out a red flag order? Nope. I’m not a fool. I’ll fight that one out in court in a week or two.

As they say, living well is the best revenge.

Not only that, but don’t make all gun owners look bad by going down in a blaze of glory over something that can be fixed in court in the near future. Trust me, you won’t look like a patriot hero to Joe and Jane Sixpack across America. Instead you’ll legitimize the fiction of why we have these unconstitutional laws in the first place. They’ll assume gun owners really are simply just one bad day away from going off the deep end and killing someone.

Unless we piss off Comm2a with an illegal search and they fund the case.

I don't doubt they would go after it like a dog on a bone.
They do a damn good job.
But what would your storage fees be for several years at village Vault ?
You may technically win, but still lose.

Remember, they can only take what they know you have. Just keep collecting guns that can't be traced to you and store them in discrete locations, with ammo. Jack.
Or remember:

1. The two highest body-count mass murder incidents in the history of New York City had, at bottom, the same weapon: petroleum products, and NOT firearms - in the #1 case, of course, delivered by, um, airmail, but lest we forget, in the second case, it was one United States dollar's worth of gasoline.

2. Crucifixion has a wonderful communicative element, and that's why the Romans used it. (And no, the irony of my mentioning that on Holy Saturday isn't lost on me - they just applied it to the wrong people.)

I don't doubt they would go after it like a dog on a bone.
They do a damn good job.
But what would your storage fees be for several years at village Vault ?
You may technically win, but still lose.
You do not have to have the guns at the VV for years. If you have a modest collection, a few thousand will get them transferred to an LTC holder or dealer of your choice. You are correct, if you leave them there the equity will evaporate.

All gun owners, even those who are squaky clean, should have an authorization letter for whom may pick up the guns from the PD, and notifying the guns will be promptly picked up and civil litigation will ensue if they are turned over to a bonded warehouse before your agent gets there. You agent should be at the PD the first thing next morning, at the latest. Better yet, hire Langer to go with you and your agent.

Some PDs respond with "good, they will be out of here soon". Other respond by calling Dowd with the message "hurry up and get here before the owner, his attorney and an LTC holder arrive to get them."

Last edited:
they raided (without warrant) and took guns from lawful citizens - the gangs they left alone
They also left people carrying guns wearing black T shirts emblazoned with white block letters SECURITY.

Remember, they can only take what they know you have. Just keep collecting guns that can't be traced to you and store them in discrete locations, with ammo. Jack.
Jack, thank you! Very well spoken sage advice. All of those cached weapons and ammo will one day be unleashed on our Communist political adversaries in due time. As to them....rock on you sick little Commie fuc*ers, your days are numbered!

Those 80% complete receiver guns are a good idea. I wish that someone would market 80% complete M18A1 Claymore directional mines. Would be perfect for a situation like this!

Now that made me chuckle. Thanks. I needed it after reading through all this shit. What a depressing point in history we live in.

Back
Top Bottom