• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

how to move inherited pistol collection from NJ to MA?

Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 24, 2012

I've inherited a large collection of pistols from my father who recently passed away and was a resident of NJ. Most* of the pistols are permitted in NJ, and I'm trying to find out how I can legally transfer them to me in MA (federal dealer? something else?). I have a Class A LTC here in MA. Some of them I want to sell at Rock Island auction, some I want to keep, a couple I want to give to friends. All legally.

* One caveat: a few of the pistols were acquired pre-1967 (or whatever the year the federal registration law was passed), and so they were never registered. I imagine those have to registered before moved to MA, but I've got no idea whom to contact or how to proceed.[/FONT]

What do people in this situation do? Get an attorney? Something else?

Any advice greatly appreciated,
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom