How to identify a SATURDAY NIGHT SPECIAL

SalemCat

Banned
I hear a lot about "Saturday Night Specials".

Leonard Skynard even wrote a song.

But can you name them ?

Cheap Guns - Suitable for only VERY occasional use ? I can't.

SNL's have been around for a century, so points given for older ones. SUPPOSEDLY SNL's were outlawed a long time ago, so please no post-1990 HANDGUNS.

Jennings, bryco, raven, sundance, davis, jimenize,

These are the most common of the brands also know as ring of fire guns

Modern sns, Hi-point, cobra, diamondback, grendal, some say keltec

I for some reason can never pass up a cheap j-22 they all work for after a little tlc

Last edited:
Hard to believe Keltecs are that bad. Maybe things have changed. Is the Keltec KSG a Saturday Night Special ?

Kel-tec has come alomg way there early stuff,(grendal) and the first run of the 3at were junk, The new guns work
Just fine

And the ksg is a novelty joke of a gun

Cool Ad. Where's it from ?

RG10%20AD%20JULY%201960.jpg

Depending on the era, may be cheap - or not.

Looks pretty good - is anything made in West Germany junk ?

HD with a .22 ?

1968 GCA setup a point system for importation of firearms. ROHM had a hard time meeting it, others, such as Glock, had to put flimsy adjustable sight on their G17 in order to get enough points for importation.

I googled it when a friend gave me the Rohm RG10. I LOVE the idea of having the worlds worst handgun!!

Im the same way all those cheap crappy sns guns are being destroyed and sold to PD's for gift cards

Which mean in about 20 years my jennings 22's will be worth around $150 each

There were a lot of white metal guns in the 60's. I remember seeing full size starters pistols for $30.00, drill out the barrel and cylinder and you had a functional 22LR

My father used to tell you could melt those guns on the stove

Even in its era it was junk

[grin] I'll take your word for it ! Could be the first confirmed SNS !

- - - Updated - - -

My father used to tell you could melt those guns on the stove

White Metal aka Zinc ? You bet !

I'd love names though, just to see if some Web Firearm Auction Sites are listing them. Anything pre-1963 is C&R !

Don't anyone dare label Iver Johnson or Harrington & Richardson as SNS !

[grin] I'll take your word for it ! Could be the first confirmed SNS !

- - - Updated - - -

White Metal aka Zinc ? You bet !

I'd love names though, just to see if some Web Firearm Auction Sites are listing them. Anything pre-1963 is C&R !

Don't anyone dare label Iver Johnson or Harrington & Richardson as SNS !

Dont for get hopkins and allens they might have been cheap but were well made for there time, i have one i still shoot 22 cb's out of it all orignal
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368065798.333336.jpg

I forgot about sedco, brother in law of george jenning i think they were sued out buiness by jennings

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368066276.288937.jpg

I had a Sterling 22, paid $70 new...thing only ran on Stingers. Well built, stainless, but machining looked like a 10yo ran the lathe.

Back
Top Bottom