How to Hunt Turkeys in Any Weather

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0

BY STEVE HICKOFF AUTHOR OF TURKEY BLOG WITH STEVE HICKOFFMARCH 12, 2020

Not every spring day is clear, calm and warm. In fact, those days are the exceptions. But never fear. Here's your guide to turkey hunting in any weather.

Even in the worst weather conditions, turkeys are out there somewhere. But finding them requires thinking like those birds. Paying close attention to weather patterns and developments – and understanding how turkeys are likely to react to them – is often what it takes to kill a bad-weather gobbler.

Read full story here: How to Kill Turkeys in Any Weather

Wickedcoolname

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finding them requires looking out my window. I counted 31 this morning. 3 big toms were all puffed up and strutting their stuff. The rest were scrounging around in my compost bin and under my bird feeder. One of them challenged his reflection in my truck wheel to a fight. The reflection won. Those are some wiley birds.IMG_20200317_174202065_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something I learned earlier this year: when NH restocked with wild turkeys, it was on a one-for-one trade with West Virginia for Fisher Cats. We sent them live fishers, they sent us live turkeys.

It was on the order of 30-something total, and based on that one population, turkeys went from effectively extinct in NH, to the huge population boom we have now.

Top Bottom