• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How To Hide Your Guns In Plain Sight

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Fridge_Safe.jpg

Unless you have a few potthead teenagers burglarizing your home. First thing they go for is the fridge.[rofl]

stupid question... if one managed to do this in a working fridge (with say a false front) would the enviroment of a fridge/refridge be ok for guns and or ammo? does cold affect long term storage (good or bad)? I would assume a refridge is pretty humidity neutral but a frezer?

if u disabled the condensor and fan and just left a low wattage bulb inside the fridge burning constantly, you would have a very dry and warm environment, folks have been storing things like this for years.

i worked in a metal shop as a teen where all the welding rods were stored that way.

I used to use something similar. With mine, I painted " Danger"& "Junk" on the door and wrapped a chain and padlock through the handles like I was trying to keep kids out. A few bags of descant and it worked fine for years.
IMHO, you don't need to have the best safe in the world if: a) you have more laptops, cameras and other easily sell able stuff laying around than they can already carry b) you don't advertize you have guns to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom