• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How to give an LC9s a decent trigger ?

Chuck

NES Member
Hi,

Picked up an LC9s. The Mass trigger is one only a politician would love.

What are the options for lightening it up to a more standard poundage? M&P Shield has the Apex. The original LC9 has the Galloway. I haven't found anything similar for the LC9s. Or DIY options for the shade-tree smith.

thanks,
Chuck

I loved my original lc9, but .. the trigger was enough to make the gun unshootable. The new versions feel sweet. What gives?

The suggestion of checking a new one is a good one. The two new ones I have fondled have been wonderful.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I think you need to have yours looked at by a pro. There's got to be something wrong with yours. Even the Ruger haters can't say anything bad about the LC9s's trigger. I got my "in state" LC9s last year and it's trigger is buttery smooth and about 5lbs.

the trigger in LC9s standard and pro models are the same. if you think the LC9s's trigger is jacked up just have someone else take a look at it or preferably a smith. if so just send it back to ruger. but it all likelihood it's probably fine. the trigger is perhaps one of the few areas that pistol is pretty spot on. every one i've seen breaks between 4-5 lbs.

I have owned an LC9s for a couple years now. It has a great trigger. Mine does have an external safety. You may have the Pro version without it. There may be a difference because of your know Mass. Anyway, either take it to a smith, or send it back to Ruger. I think its a great carry gun.

Back
Top Bottom