How to get as close to a real MP5 as possible?

FancyGunz

NES Member
So being in MA... how do I get as close to a real "semiauto mp5" as possible without getting Maura'd? SBR-ing an HK94? One of the various clones? Most of the good clones and the real HK's come as pistols. I want it to look like a real mp5 with the original handguard and no welded rail like the PTR.

So being in MA... how do I get as close to a real "semiauto mp5" as possible without getting Maura'd? SBR-ing an HK94? One of the various clones? Most of the good clones and the real HK's come as pistols. I want it to look like a real mp5 with the original handguard and no welded rail like the PTR.

Lol, what difference does it make?

You're basically screwing yourself by buying anything other than a PTR9.

You will be like "why the f*** did I do this" when you decide you want to put an optic on it, and you're stuck with that stupid f***ing claw mount. [rofl]

It's never going to be "legit" anyways (according to the HK fags) unless all the rollmarks are all in the right spot and shit anyways.

Those are pistols, nonexistant in MA...

Not true at all. Just even more expensive. People build SBRs out of them on the reg.

Carried an MP5SD for a long time, heavy AF for what it is with very little punch at all. It would not be on my list of guns to bring into an extended fight or any fight that may take place outside of 50yrds. Fun to own and shoot for sure, otherwise it’s kinda useless these days.

Closest? An actual SBRed SP5. Sure, you can’t possess it as a complete pistol, but you can as a complete rifle with the thread protector permanently attached. The only trick is the transfers.

The easiest method? Get a PTR, SBR it, and then chop the barrel and P&W a tri-lug.

Why are you so opposed to the PTR rail by the way? It’s super handy. You may think you only want irons but you’ll want to put a red dot on at some point. And the PTR integrated rail is better than even the Gucci-est Bruger&Thommet picatinny clamp on mount.

I would previously recommend an MKE, but they’re now being imported by Century Arms rather than Zenith. And Century has a habit of turning what ever they touch into poo.

Lastly, pick up a Franklin binary trigger. Yeah, they’re gimmicky and I’d never have one on a purposeful gun. But on an MP5 type range toy? It’s a hoot.

Carried an MP5SD for a long time, heavy AF for what it is with very little punch at all. It would not be on my list of guns to bring into an extended fight or any fight that may take place outside of 50yrds. Fun to own and shoot for sure, otherwise it’s kinda useless these days.
Yeah, completely obsoleted by 300blk. But definitely fun.

Yeah, completely obsoleted by 300blk. But definitely fun.

Well, that and a regular ole MP5A3 ish gun with a can on it is way more versatile. Want quiet? just get some 147s and load them up how you want them....

Well, that and a regular ole MP5A3 ish gun with a can on it is way more versatile. Want quiet? just get some 147s and load them up how you want them....
Yeah, but the SD was useful in the military where the only(or majority of) available 9mm was spicy 124gr, including when working with partner NATO states. But that has zero bearing on civilians where you’re 100% right.

If you are wiling to go with a rifle, PTR makes a clone that I've seen on a number of occasions in MA. Older clones like the Special Weapons, Bobcat, Coharie (They are actually all the same company that the shifty owner kept changing the name) are also floating around.

I did it with a Zenith sporter just cause it was cheaper than doing it with an HK. Right I think is in the eye of the beholder.

I shot an mp5 back to back with an Uzi both FA. Kept going back and forth. I could not believe the uzi shot better for me. I was more accurate with the Uzi but loved the feel of the HK.

The mp5 thing is tricky/expensive in MA..And HK is just expensive in general.

Because we don’t have the NES shoot anymore and I don’t care to go to Vermont..
My registed sear has been so few of my hosts....

Get a sp89 if you really want a mp5 style gun...
There’s all kinds of issues with SBRIng shit in MA...Then I wonder how many times people fill out their own paperwork and gets approved anyway

An uzi is sweet gun to...But I haven’t played with a lot of my Hk stuff yet

I think I’m more into the sub guns then my rifles cause I don’t like carrying shit very far

You can buy like 4 stribogs for the cost of an mp5... just saying and you'll hate pcc's just as much when your done with them

I've been eyeballing those. Stribog SP9 A3 even has roller delay. I heard it isn't as smooth as MP5, but still effective. And you have LRBHO. The major trade off though is no preban mags. Another option would be CMMG Banshee. Has a radial delayed blowback and takes Glock mags.

But I understand OP's drive. That's what made me buy a MP5 clone. Mine came with a stupid pinned faux suppressor on it to meet barrel length and an A2 stock. I ended up SBR'ing it to remove that fake can, but I suppose I'm glad someone make that stupid choice, as I wouldn't have been able to transfer it without it.

I've been eyeballing those. Stribog SP9 A3 even has roller delay. I heard it isn't as smooth as MP5, but still effective. And you have LRBHO. The major trade off though is no preban mags. Another option would be CMMG Banshee. Has a radial delayed blowback and takes Glock mags.

But I understand OP's drive. That's what made me buy a MP5 clone. Mine came with a stupid pinned faux suppressor on it to meet barrel length and an A2 stock. I ended up SBR'ing it to remove that fake can, but I suppose I'm glad someone make that stupid choice, as I wouldn't have been able to transfer it without it.
Yeah im in nh no issue on the prebans.

Idk if I have a hankering for a small gun like that I'd get a honey badger or mcx

I went with an Omega. Was able to purchase just the upper which is the serialized portion. Found an FFL willing to transfer it to me. Sent in my form 1 paperwork and a couple weeks later it came in. Then I could buy the trigger pack and all the extra goodies.

it’s my favorite firearm that I own. The roller lock platform is just so much fun.

this is what I picked up. Been OOS for a while now, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom