How to "dispose" of Post-Ban Hi Cap mags?

He can legally own pre-ban magazines, just cannot possess them inside of Massachusetts. But he was a fool for moving into MA without knowing what he was getting himself into.

You mean post ban mags? Pre ban mags are perfectly legal in MA. Throw them in the safe, or trade them in NH for 10 rounders, or just go about business as usual as your chances of being found out are close to zero.

You guys need to relax. The AWB is in fact in effect and possessing certain things is in fact illegal. Your chances of getting caught/prosecuted are minimal, and though serious, I RESTATE minimal. Be smart and get rid of what you shouldn't have, and at the very least don't post about it on the internet. I know this is NES and sometimes people get caught up with the tinfoil, but the world is not in fact out to get you. Possible ideas: leave the mags with a friend in NH, ask an FFL if he will take a trade, go back to the shop and request they trade the mags for 10 rounders or pre-bans, ask an ffl to put them on consignment, or the NES thing, post about it on the internet, and then burn them in a wood stove.

WRT to the dealer knowing the law... nobody but lawyers are lawyers, and even at that great lawyers might no squat about gun laws. Often the only way to know how a law works for certain is for it to go to court. The AWB is clear in MOST regards, but like many other gun laws, a gun dealer has no requirement to know or understand it. Unless you are certain of the law you shouldn't be informing others of anything anyway. Hell, in theory the AWB may not stand up as a reasonable restriction vs common use.

Yes people should be aware of gun laws and the AWB, but also be realistic about the "ambi mag cut outs" giving you away before you have a chance to swap/trade the mags, if you do so at all. Sure you can live your life like that, but I think you'll find it easier to save the stress for the things you should be stressing about.

Mike

I have to agree, as with all discussions of this nature I am certainly not suggesting someone do anything illegal. But chances are if your mags are under that much scrutany you probably have bigger problems to worry about. The reality is even in those cases if the mags aren't dated or "LE/Mil only" marked they proably will not raise an eye, I am a "gun nut" and LEO and until this thread would never think to "date" glocck mags this way, so I can almost guarantee the average non-gun nut LEO isn't even going to know what to look for with regard to ambi glcok mags...

People are right, their mags are probably never going to come under scrutiny... except in one case. If you're ever involved in a self-defense shooting, you can be pretty sure your mags will come under question. Everyone on this board (except for one lawyer) tells you to be careful after you are in an SD scenario. NEVER talk to the police. Any little thing you say can be used against you. Make sure you have lawyers' phone numbers in your speed dial, etc.

If you are worried about cops twisting your words around, just imagine the field day a DA will have with your illegal mags.

Under the same logic, you can carry a glock 18 around with about the same chance of discovery as illegal mags.

stick 'em in the safe, call your state reps and tell 'em to get on removing the AWB, and if you have to gat a gangsta, do it with a 10 rounder....

Recently had a "friend" in this situation. Traded them with someone north of the border for 10 rounders. Friend says they never worry now like they used to. There were times when having them in the car and nearly getting into an accident due to road conditions would start the blood pressure rising for this person.

Everyone has their own level of stress they need to deal with. Since this person actually was stressed about every time they ended up in their range bag the solution was to trade them out. Wouldn't it be a bitch to lose your LTC because you have some accident at home or on the road and have the po po find a 12 rounder "in your posssession" while they are trying to help you in a medical emergency or what have you?

While the possibility is remote this state is f***ed and sometimes one needs to do what they are comfortable with and say F you to all that cry "sheeple" in their direction.

Not posting it on a public forum accessible to all would be a great start.

Last edited:
You should turn yourself in.[rofl][rofl]

Many here on NES do just that! [thinking]

Not posting ot on a public forum accessoble to all would be a great start.

Indeed!! Too many think that a fake username protects them from discovery of their identity. Nothing could be further from the truth!

Back
Top Bottom