• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How to dispose of bad ammo?

I'm surprised I beat you to that one too
Chuck it out your car window as you drive by a local school.

Watch the evening news for all the fun and hilarity that follows.

Know that at least you got some enjoyment out of watching your tax dollars get pissed away.

- - - Updated - - -

Dammit - should have read the whole thread.

Beat me to it.

Chuck it out your car window as you drive by a local school.

Watch the evening news for all the fun and hilarity that follows.

Know that at least you got some enjoyment out of watching your tax dollars get pissed away.

- - - Updated - - -

Dammit - should have read the whole thread.

Beat me to it.

Finger print tracing. Wear a glove. But, I would only leave it @ MIT. It's payback for Aaron Swartz.

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

DONT CALL THE PD!!!!
my mom did that and her house was surrounded in PD, and they called in the bomb squad!!!!! most ranges have dud box's.
I personaly would just smash them with a hammer.

Sorry about your dad. Do not do the same as the asshat in Florida and store it in the oven. As he found out...that is a bad thing

Give it to me.
Or, throw it in a barrel fire. You will hear little "pops" when the bullets leave the casing. Without being loaded into something to produce pressure, bullets are pretty harmless.

IF there is a range near you try dropping it off there. If not just do it at your local PD. Of course they might ask where you found it, "I was rehabbing an old house or garage"

DONT CALL THE PD!!!!
my mom did that and her house was surrounded in PD, and they called in the bomb squad!!!!! most ranges have dud box's.
I personaly would just smash them with a hammer.

Holy Crap !

Boston ? Cambridge ? Lincoln ?

- - - Updated - - -

Give it to me.
Or, throw it in a barrel fire. You will hear little "pops" when the bullets leave the casing. Without being loaded into something to produce pressure, bullets are pretty harmless.

That's what the cops do.

I called my local PD to ask if I could dispose of some ammo but my town is usually pretty easy going and that was about 8 years or so ago. We were cleaning out part of my grandmother's cellar and found some old shotgun shells that had gotten dumped in a drawer. I'm guessing the were from the early 60's as we never had a .410 shotgun but my grandfather did and he passed away in 1965. I just turned them into to the on-duty sargent and chatted with him as my family seemed to know half the department at the time from growing up with them as kids.

I dump it where I dump my used motor oil... down a storm drain in Lowell.

The idea of scattering around town to cause a lockdown is somewhat appealing, haha.

Like others said, easiest may be the local PD or the range.

If you want to do yourself properly, pull the projectiles, dump the powder, and fire off the primers if you have a correct firearm.
Old powder should be burned, have some fun. Just make a powder trail fuse, dont bend over and light the pile! Sell the brass for scrap if there is enough.

If you have a oil furnace in your basement, they all came with incinerator ports on the front. Slide it open while the burner is on, and slip them into the furnace one by one and the will safely melt away.
Are you referring to the door used to shovel coal into the furnace as an incinerator port? Lol
Those are converted-to-oil coal furnaces, the big, white, asbestos insulation slathered octopii lurking around waiting to attack small children in their dreams.
Oh wait; was that out loud?
Well, they can't deny an insurance claim for stupidity, so a new high efficiency furnace could be in someone's future!

wallpapers_15523.jpg

Back
Top Bottom