• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How to defend against a well prepared invader

great video, moron homeowner..was watching the vid and didn't realize there were two guys until 2 minutes in!! and still couldn't describe them correctly!![laugh]

That video was pretty good. Four cops responded in less than 3 minutes? Must not have been on the south side of Chicago.

Looks like that system was well worth the money. Stopping a break in is great. Apprehending the criminals is even better. Now they can start turning their lives around.

this.

Unless you have some kind of alarm system that will positively wake you, you might as well leave all the guns downstairs for your assailants.
Not a bad idea to have some cameras in the hallways or common areas either:

That's pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
That video was pretty good. Four cops responded in less than 3 minutes? Must not have been on the south side of Chicago.

Looks like that system was well worth the money. Stopping a break in is great. Apprehending the criminals is even better. Now they can start turning their lives around.

They'll have plenty of time to go over the "game film" to improve their fundamentals...

I just don't pick up my son's Lego bricks on the floor over night. [rofl]

That's why you build stuff out of the legos.

Have you ever tripped over a lego castle? Shit'll break an ankle [smile]

Just put up a sign saying that shoes must be removed. That should work [laugh]

images

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...

I was taught that Mass law says you are not in control of your firearm if you are unconscious, even if you are wearing it or have it in a bedside holster. Mass case law (precedents) says it has to be locked up if you are asleep.

Quick access to your gun is important. Also important is the need to be sure you're fully awake before you handle a gun. I've always recommended a lock box with a simplex (no batteries) lock. You have to be awake to get it open, but it's quickly done.

If you have kids and guns, please read Ayoob's "Gunproofing Your Children". The Progressive Pistol folks have 5-year-olds competing. Very young kids can chamber a round. One trick is to put the muzzle end of the slide against a table and push the frame forward using both hands and full body mechanics. They may not be strong enough to chamber a round the way you do, but leave them alone with a gun and they can get very creative. IMHO, you need a lock between your guns and any child, unless you're directly supervising that child and teaching them about guns.

An alarm dog is essential equipment, IMHO. I prefer a dog that would never hurt a child, but barks like hell when a stranger approaches. The dog's job is to alert me, not to protect me.

There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding how to best defend your home and your family. Anyone trained in this will know about the aftermath of a home defense shooting, and that aftermath will strongly influence the way they prepare. A trained person will also know that accidental shootings of non-hostiles happens far more often than the high-speed home-invasion blitz discussed in this thread. You can put your home defense on such a hair trigger that it becomes more of a threat to your family than crime.

If anyone is reading this thread to learn how best to defend their home and family, the internet is not a reliable place to learn how to do this. The NRA offers courses on Personal Protection in the Home. Ayoob's "In the Gravest Extreme" is another reliable source. Get real training from qualified people.

That's the difference between states with sane laws(legislated by sane people) that favor good people and insane laws legislated by dictatorial, politically correct, moonbats, that favor criminals.

In Kentucky the sheriff (my sheriff anyway) will have no problem coming out and picking up the bodies.

A couple of years ago just up the road from my place, there was a man and woman driving around pulling rural home robberies, preying on older farmer couples. Woman would ring front door bell and the man would enter the back door, ransack the place and scram.
They went to the wrong house one day and the guy was killed by the farmer as he entered the kitchen, woman was caught less than a mile away. No charges were even thought of being filed.

That's what freedom is. Freedom to protect yourself and your family and home from hostile invaders without having to worry about being thrown into a legal wood chipper because of it.

probably would have been even better with 2 way audio. i would have like to see the reaction if someone told them to freeze and they couldnt figure out where it came from

As annoying as my two dogs are, barking at anything that goes by or near our house, I am pretty damn sure nobody they don't know walks in my house without serious resistance.

20140719_151602.jpg

20140510_132947.jpg

These two are the neighborhood menaces. Damn good watch dogs, and for my 6 year old boy, great pillows and guardians.

20140720_131859.jpg

I have said it a hundred times, there is no substitute for a good dog. I have always owned at least one, and always will.

Not only are they excellent early warning systems and constant companions, that is about 200lbs of sharp toothed muscle that would lay down their lives to protect your family.

With those two dogs, and a responsible gun owner in the house, I'd say that 6 year old is pretty darn safe while at home.

I have said it a hundred times, there is no substitute for a good dog. I have always owned at least one, and always will.

Not only are they excellent early warning systems and constant companions, that is about 200lbs of sharp toothed muscle that would lay down their lives to protect your family.

With those two dogs, and a responsible gun owner in the house, I'd say that 6 year old is pretty darn safe while at home.

i agree.
while i don't consider my dogs to be particularly good at actually attacking anything, they are phenomenal distractions and provide a huge tactical advantage in any human-human engagement.

one of my dogs has learned a flank maneuver....if my dog isn't sure about someone, he will jog behind them and pin the person in between the two of us....it's freaking amazing. not that i've ever needed him to do this, but damn if it doesn't give me a massive advantage when the person is totally distracted by the crazy eye'd dog following him.

also, coyotes are a non issue for us since my dogs will literally kill one if they can catch it.

also, coyotes are a non issue for us since my dogs will literally kill one if they can catch it.

I don't know about that, I remember reading somewhere that a coyote killed a Great Dane, maybe a lucky bite. Also stories about packs of them killing some big dogs, shepherds etc.

I need to stop reading this thread... My dog went nuts a couple nights ago. Wife woke up and said I jumped out of bed and punched a fan she set up at the end of the bed on top of a table. I thought it was a person. LOL

I remember standing there when she turned the light on trying to figure out what to punch next. Scored me some badass MAN POINTS... and a couple sandwiches the next day.

It was a skunk.

Those skunks are masters of distraction...

...that lamp was out to do you some grievous bodily harm. It was probably armed with high capacity bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom