how to become an instructor

I am looking for info on how to become certified to run saftey courses for people who need them so that they can get their permits. I would like to be able to run safety classes for any else that wants to take the course too. I have access to a range and a place to hold the classes. If anyone can tell me how to do this please pm me.
thanks bob

Contact GOAL at www.goal.org thats where I did mine. A great class and made friends for life at the same time.

+1. If you are in Mass, GOAL is the best and easiest way to accomplish your goal (no pun intended). They can take you through the entire process.

Yea, this is a great class. I would suggest that you contact GOAL, as it's one of the best classes I've taken.

And, what they teach you will help you to become of the best instructors you can...they give you the skills and tools to do a job needed that comes with the responsibility of being a firearms instructor.

Since i recognize two of the guys that suggested going to goal, since i was in the same class with them. I will add my two cents. Awesome class very professional very informative and they do it with some humor too. fun class.

If you are in MA, you need a MA instructor's certificate from the MSP to offer the certificate required for an FID or LTC. You can get one of these if you have a valid LTC and an NRA instructor certification. Once you get the NRA certificate, it's a matter of sending a form and $50 to the MSP to get "state certified".

If you are in MA, you need a MA instructor's certificate from the MSP to offer the certificate required for an FID or LTC. You can get one of these if you have a valid LTC and an NRA instructor certification. Once you get the NRA certificate, it's a matter of sending a form and $50 to the MSP to get "state certified".

How long is the certification valid for?

MSP is ten years and $50 bucks, the NRA certs are good for one year and will renew the next year as long as you have taught at least one class in each discipline.

I see. I checked out the info on the NRA site, but I didn't see the schedule or fees for their classes. The GOAL class is equivalent and suitable to satisfy the MASP requirements? If so, is the GOAL cert valid for the same term as the NRA course?

The GOAL course is given by NRA training counselors, after successful passing of the class, you will receive your NRA Instructor credentials and certificate. You mail that to the State Police to satisfy the requirement. Good for ten years. The NRA requires that you teach 1 class per year to keep your credentials.

Hope this help you-

The GOAL course is given by NRA training counselors, after successful passing of the class, you will receive your NRA Instructor credentials and certificate. You mail that to the State Police to satisfy the requirement. Good for ten years. The NRA requires that you teach 1 class per year to keep your credentials.

Hope this help you-

Yes it does, thanks. I have requested the list of Training Counselors from the NRA, which they say will take 3-5 weeks. GOAL doesn't have any courses listed on their schedule as of today. Only other question I have, is what does the NRA course cost?

Yes it does, thanks. I have requested the list of Training Counselors from the NRA, which they say will take 3-5 weeks. GOAL doesn't have any courses listed on their schedule as of today. Only other question I have, is what does the NRA course cost?

I went through GOAL and the cost was $240.00 for members and $325.00 for non-members. I looked at the website and they have a class scheduled for the following dates 11/14/08 -11/16/08. Jon and Darius do a fantastic job, You couldn't find better instructors. I would highly recommend you take the course from them. and you are supporting a great local organization. If I can offer you some advice....practice the NRA way of "safe gun handling."

Enjoy!
-Steve

I went through GOAL and the cost was $240.00 for members and $325.00 for non-members. I looked at the website and they have a class scheduled for the following dates 11/14/08 -11/16/08. Jon and Darius do a fantastic job, You couldn't find better instructors. I would highly recommend you take the course from them. and you are supporting a great local organization. If I can offer you some advice....practice the NRA way of "safe gun handling."

Enjoy!
-Steve

+1 Thats the one to take!

Thanks guys! I got a little thrown off cuz on the website it states that instructor courses are in red. Must have skimmed over real quick and missed it cuz they were all green. Will definitely be considering it, if of course my financial situation allows.

There's a very large number of both instructor training classes and regular classes that are never listed on the NRA site. GOAL does their instructor training classes a couple of times each year, and regular classes at least once a month. I'm not aware of any listings other than on their web site and in The Outdoor Message. I do instructor training classes 2 or 3 times a year and never bother advertising them any place other than here.

Ken Maurer

Walter Roger at Riverside does them as well. He only takes a few students at a time. Right now there is nothing planned as he has been battling some health issues and has been in and out of the hospital.

One of these days I'll stop telling him no and go get certified as a Counselor.

Back
Top Bottom