• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How to Argue with an Anti-Gunner... A Compendium of “Sayables”

holy smokes, thats a lot of article to digest. my solution, don't waste your breath trying to argue, walk away.

It is a lot in one read that is why I bookmarked it, I am sure it will come in handy in the future.

Good find thanks.

Dean

wth do you say when people are just getting ridiculous saying constitution schmonstitution. theyre okay with losing liberties. You're all paranoid. this is America. When has our government overreached? Bundy Ranch was some old dude not willing to pay his fair dues. that's not my problem.

Sometimes you just can't argue when ego and pride outweigh logic and truth. I've actually heard "I don't know about all those statistics. Quit using statistics"

wth do you say when people are just getting ridiculous saying constitution schmonstitution. theyre okay with losing liberties. You're all paranoid. this is America. When has our government overreached? Bundy Ranch was some old dude not willing to pay his fair dues. that's not my problem.

Sometimes you just can't argue when ego and pride outweigh logic and truth. I've actually heard "I don't know about all those statistics. Quit using statistics"

A lot of the time something "real" has to happen to someone before the switch clicks. We can sit around and try to explain that it's better to have and not need than it is to need and not have, or that it's a civil right, but you can't make a horse drink. They need to realize something themselves. Some people will never have a moment of realization.

Thanks for your efforts. However, I have trouble discussing anything with logic and reasoning with someone who no matter how brilliant what I say is, just yell back "you're racist!"

It is like trying to play chess with a pigeon. I move P-Q4 then my opponent jumps on the board, flaps wings, knocks the pieces all over the floor, shits on the board then declares victory.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

A lot of the time something "real" has to happen to someone before the switch clicks. We can sit around and try to explain that it's better to have and not need than it is to need and not have, or that it's a civil right, but you can't make a horse drink. They need to realize something themselves. Some people will never have a moment of realization.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Lots of people who have lost family in car accidents start buckling up. People think twice before walking away from a stove after their house was just rebuilt from a fire. People stop taking the shortcut through the alley after they've been robbed. It takes a special kind of stupid to want to ban cars, stoves, and alleyways just because of an incident. Same with guns.

Some people feel it is politically incorrect to vocalize an opinion about something which they have no experience or chance or experiencing. I.E. Men have no right to choose what happens with a woman's body, white men have no right to speak about minority problems. Etc.

Who dares tell a woman she shouldn't be able to carry pepper spray? Assault is a hot topic. Yet I hear all the time that if I can't handle the situation with my fists, then I'm a p***y...as if all gun owners are ready to whip out a gun at the drop of an insult.

The older I get , the shorter I keep that conversation.
My reply is " Good for you, you won't be around sucking up limited resources if things go to shit." "But you may contribute to the food supply."

Just going to bump this up since I know there are a lot of great "arguments" going on lately.

Argue with an anti gunner?[rofl2][rofl2], No Thanks, I try not to be in the same grid square let alone speak to one.

Back
Top Bottom