How often do you go to the range?

To accompany the other thread "how many round do you usually shoot at the range". I believe Jaymac also was interested in how often you go and shoot. There are some heavy hitters in the round department and I'm interested too,how often you shoot that many rounds?

Last edited:
I try to get to the range at least twice a month, depending on cash flow. Once I start reloading my range time will most likely triple.

Lately I've been averaging 2x per week, the short days are putting a serious damper on my shooting..

one or two times a week is usual for me. but during the last 18 months of being in and out of the hospital for chemo and a stem cell transplant its been more like once a month but as of the first of dec (today....hurray) i will start and get back into it slowly for now. i also started getting back to my clubs turkey shoots which go through the end of april. i am finally starting to enjoy shooting again.

Not as much as I want to. Maybe once every other week or so on average. During the winter it gets even worse... I get severe withdrawals by the time January comes around... [laugh]

-Mike

i didn't get down to the range in october, went twice in november, going this weekend...ideally i would like to get 2-3 trips to the range a month...that gets bumped up once trap starts shooting on thursdays again

I'm with Kid Presentable on this one. I'd like to go at least 2 times per month, sometimes I go more, but then there's been at least one 30+ day stretch with no range time since I became a gun owner in June.

Once every 1.5 weeks, I head up to HSC after work around 7pm. I'm usually the only one there. I typically only shoot around 50 rounds, doing draws, reloads and transitions.

used to be once or twice a week, or when ever i could get a friend to go with me. but now that schools been in fulleffect and its getting colder, im lucky if i go once in a couple months. being broke and in college really blows

On average, probably once a week. During the summer, I was often there twice a week, more on a few occasions. Since the beginning of October, tonight will be my fourth or fifth time. I've gone less often mostly because I've been lazy. Tonight should be a 22lr rifle night

My goal is to get to the range at least once a month during the months between April and November.
Sometimes I meet my goal or exceed it,other times I fail.

In a perfect world my buttocks would be at the range every Saturday or Sunday.

I used to go at least 2x per week and would shoot 1-2K rds. per week...a bit less in the dead of winter. Only time I go to the range now is to get test data on the latest lot of ammo out of the presses. I lost the 'fire' so to speak. It was living in MA for a long, long time that did it. No matter where you go in MA or what hobby you pursue, the nanny state/orwellian/controlling liberal BS creeps in and taints everything. I don't even hunt anymore....once bow season ends I'm out of the woods and after this year, probably never to return. Living in MA has also taught me to hate - especially the last few years. I'd leave if I could, but like many others, I'm trapped. Sorry for the rant...thread reminded me of all that we have lost and will never get back - in my lifetime at least. Makes me mad and sad.

This time of year I try to get to both my pistol leagues (2 evenings) and also shoot for the postal leagues (1 -2 evenings) I compete in, so that's 3 or 4 times, plus usually one other day somewhere along the line for practice, so 4 to 5 times at the range, plus practice sessions just about every day with the air pistol in my basement range. I figure with all that shooting my scores just have to improve, but it doesn't seem to be working out that way so far this season.[sad]

1-2 per week, weather permitting as the range is outdoors. I live about one minute's drive from the range so it is easy to run down for an hour or two.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom