• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How not to respond to being pulled over.

The same could be said about the NYPD shooting that guy in Times Square yesterday. 12 shots at 10' for a guy with a knife.

I got into an all day facebook argument with my cousin about that. He just wouldn't give up the "just shoot him in the leg" argument. He also said that if they missed the bullet would have just stopped when it hit the ground, so what's the harm in trying. :facepalm:

I ultimately told him that there are no warning shots outside of Hollywood. The warning is that when somebody draws a gun on you in real life, know you're getting shot. Also, if you got 10 cops with guns drawn on you, don't go full retard and pull your knife out for the imminent gun fight.

i think the cop is dam lucky, all those shots and he is shot in the hand with a ricochet off the forehead. It could of ended alot worse for that police officer.

I looked at the video, As having been a Police Firearms Trainer, the officer did not have a "mind set" for engaging such a situation. Here he is in a running vehicle with an individual shooting at him, put it in gear and run him over. Deadly force meets deadly force, Learn to use the tools at hand.
Simplicity at its simplest.

I looked at the video, As having been a Police Firearms Trainer, the officer did not have a "mind set" for engaging such a situation. Here he is in a running vehicle with an individual shooting at him, put it in gear and run him over. Deadly force meets deadly force, Learn to use the tools at hand.

I saw the whole video a few days ago. Don't ask me where. Originally the perp pulled away from a traffic stop. I remember thinking as things unfolded and the narration pointed out that back up was not close that the officer was way to close. He would "in my opinion" have been in a better place being even as little as 30' back. Your point is well taken, he should have just run the s.o.b over.

This.

Weird... was it a stolen car? dude seemed the wrong demographic and oddly proficient with his pistol to be the average 'traffic stop gone bad' shooter.

Back
Top Bottom