• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

how not to build a rifle

Not being familiar with Vulcan (other than Spock) I did a web search for them. Imagine my surprise when I saw their corporate tag line.

Vulcan Group Inc. [The Best-Built Firearms in the World!] [rofl]

Pretty shockingly bad. How is that Vulcan company still in business? Who would buy such a poorly made, dangerous weapon? Chumlee on Pawn Stars probebly wouldn't shoot it.

As far as the video goes, good foreground and subject matter, but they couldn't find a better studio than their under construction, yet fully in use kitchen? lol

I vaguely remember people saying bad things about Hesse, but never had any direct experience. Now I understand. Wow.

My first thought was how could there be any AR that's a worse POS than a Hesse, only to discover that it is a Hesse/Vulcan Arms.

That thing is so bad gun runner Eric Holder might not even sell that to the drug gangs.

OMFG I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!

tumblr_mac3x3mzkj1ruj2iwo1_400.gif

That kind of quality damages everything associated with it. The whole industry. Causes things like a consumer safety exam of weapons to sound reasonable.

Vulcan Group Inc., in business since 1991, specializes in producing firearms and accessories for special operations forces and Law Enforcement agencies here and abroad. All the firearms that we produce are legal for civilian ownership and are held to the highest standard of quality and workmanship demanded by the professionals that use them. Where applicable, the current Mil-specs are adhered to along with new designs utilizing the newest cutting edge technology and manufacturing capabilities resulting in some of the most innovative designs in use today.

You too can own that V18 for only $889!

And they sell a .50 BMG rifle for only $1900!

2012-11-25_13-42-42_568.jpg

I did this as a joke for a buddy who had no idea how to build his new AR...now that I saw that video I think this company would hire me right away if I included this pic with my application!

I just threw up from motion sickness watching that shakey picture[puke]. Image stabilization is a must for this type of video.

As for the gun, it doesn't even meet WECSOG standards. What a POS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. The video showed a very scary rifle, but why was it was filmed on the floor of someone's half-finished kitchen? And while overall it was a very informative review and they had some truly valid points, I didn't care for the assumptions like "Who knows if that's actually got any sort of thread lock in it or not; my guess would be probably not". If you're going to make statements like that, just undo the bolt and check.

Back
Top Bottom