• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How not to be a pro-2A gun store

The shop's side of the story if anyone cares...

"Wildman Arms is a veteran owned and operated, small family business that cares about all our customers. We firmly believe that every American should enjoy their Second Amendment rights. We also pride ourselves on always following the law. Some people on the internet are spreading false rumors about our company. If you hear one of these false rumors, we want you to know the truth.

We serve people of all races and are proud to have a diverse customer base. In early June, we sold a gun to an African American man. He met all the legal requirements and we are always happy to sell our products to lawful buyers. He was one of many gun sales during another busy day.

Later that day, a state police investigator came to our building and said he was investigating this person and asked us for detailed information about him, including surveillance video of the transaction. This was a surprise to us, because we didn’t make any complaint about the man to law enforcement or anyone else. But, as a federally licensed firearms dealer, we are required to fully cooperate with all law enforcement investigations, and we did so.

A few weeks later, the same buyer came in to buy another weapon. We already knew law enforcement had been investigating him and we’d since learned that the address information he put on his firearms paperwork was incorrect. With those two legal concerns in mind, we denied the second sale, which we’re required to do if we believe that someone may be disqualified from buying a gun under federal law.

Those are the facts. The allegations that race or the recent protests about race relations had something to do this situation are hateful and false. We are an equal opportunity business and we reject racism.

Sadly, voices of hate on the internet – many of whom oppose gun stores and our strong support for the Second Amendment – are spreading lies and calling for people to target our employees and our store. This type of behavior reflects poorly on those doing it and doesn’t represent American or Arkansas values.

We want everyone, of all races, religions, etc. to know that we welcome your business at Wildman Arms."
OK. They are not learning from The Gun Parlor. I take it back.

The shop's side of the story if anyone cares...

"Wildman Arms is a veteran owned and operated, small family business that cares about all our customers. We firmly believe that every American should enjoy their Second Amendment rights. We also pride ourselves on always following the law. Some people on the internet are spreading false rumors about our company. If you hear one of these false rumors, we want you to know the truth.

We serve people of all races and are proud to have a diverse customer base. In early June, we sold a gun to an African American man. He met all the legal requirements and we are always happy to sell our products to lawful buyers. He was one of many gun sales during another busy day.

Later that day, a state police investigator came to our building and said he was investigating this person and asked us for detailed information about him, including surveillance video of the transaction. This was a surprise to us, because we didn’t make any complaint about the man to law enforcement or anyone else. But, as a federally licensed firearms dealer, we are required to fully cooperate with all law enforcement investigations, and we did so.

A few weeks later, the same buyer came in to buy another weapon. We already knew law enforcement had been investigating him and we’d since learned that the address information he put on his firearms paperwork was incorrect. With those two legal concerns in mind, we denied the second sale, which we’re required to do if we believe that someone may be disqualified from buying a gun under federal law.

Those are the facts. The allegations that race or the recent protests about race relations had something to do this situation are hateful and false. We are an equal opportunity business and we reject racism.

Sadly, voices of hate on the internet – many of whom oppose gun stores and our strong support for the Second Amendment – are spreading lies and calling for people to target our employees and our store. This type of behavior reflects poorly on those doing it and doesn’t represent American or Arkansas values.

We want everyone, of all races, religions, etc. to know that we welcome your business at Wildman Arms."

So this came down to being caused by our awful press, as it always does.

Let me get this straight, lot of folks here jump in neck deep espousing righteous anger towards the FFL for their racists ways, dig deeper to show everyone how woke they are about racism and how it works, further attacking the FFL with insults, accusations and insinuations, and all on the word of some DB unknown reporter for some DB unknown rag of a paper.

How many times in the past, let’s say 4 years cough cough, has the press ever told a f***ing ounce of truth, more so when it comes to a 2A or another made up white person being racist story?

You guys are smarter than this. Stop following strangers over the cliff just because they started running before you did.

IMHO file this under gun parlor, NSF, Ted The Rat, etc. If I was going to make a WAG the other possibility is the shop f***ed something up and used the "calling the kopsch" thing as a cover for it, ...
Or the shop is already in deep trouble with the cops, who have provided them with a laundry list of what kind of customers they want to know about.

(I don't think that was an angle to any of the celebrated cases
that you listed, but I could be wrong).
Apologies, @drgrant ; what I was thinking of pretty much is the Gun Parlor Affair.

IMHO file this under gun parlor, NSF, Ted The Rat, etc. If I was going to make a WAG the other possibility is the shop f***ed something up and used the "calling the kopsch" thing as a cover for it, not much different than "I was cleaning my gun and it went off" etc. Some nipple head shop owners think it will "save" them if they try an ass covering move like calling the kopsch on someone..... reminds me a lot of the NSF ratting incident. (reading between the lines, its pretty obvious someone in the shop f***ed something up, so they ratted on the guy/his kid to "save face" with the ATF.
Looks like in this case.. there's more going on here than meets the eye... leave it up to the press to gin up racial hysteria.... shocker.

WFC the gun shop owner is probably a Karen on the same level as Ted Oven .. Where's that rat meme ..

Looks like in this case.. there's more going on here than meets the eye... leave it up to the press to gin up racial hysteria.... shocker.

There's enough people here that were ready to throw the shop owner under the bus not to need the press.
If we haven't figured out by now if it's the lame stream media , it's most likely a lie, especially is it's anything gun related , then there's no hope.

There's enough people here that were ready to throw the shop owner under the bus not to need the press.
If we haven't figured out by now if it's the lame stream media , it's most likely a lie, especially is it's anything gun related , then there's no hope.

Yeah but if it wasn't for the shit spin on the story to begin with, nobody would have done that.

Back
Top Bottom