How naive are we?

peterk123

NES Member
I am getting bombed with articles (probably because I use Drudge and Whatfinger) about the immigration crisis at the southern border. For the life of me I cannot understand how the public does not recognize this as a full on invasion. It is organized, deliberate and meant to break down what little culture we have left. I personally do not see much difference, if any, between this and the Soviets rolling their tanks through the Eastern European countries. Both are done by force, one is just little less aggressive.

I do not buy the bullsh&t that they are leaving horrible conditions and looking for a better life here. If that were the case, then they would not be waving their countries' flags, stomping on ours and yearning for the same type of government that they supposedly are fleeing from.

We are losing this battle, and soon the war because we are oblivious.

Ok, feel better now. About once a year I gotta just share what's on my mind and cannot do it any where else but here because I am surrounded by moonbats in the physical world. Thx guys.

I hear ya. Sometimes you have to just get it all out. I was fortunate to make a very good friend through NES so now we both have one place we can talk freely.

Life under moonbatism.

I am getting bombed with articles (probably because I use Drudge and Whatfinger) about the immigration crisis at the southern border. For the life of me I cannot understand how the public does not recognize this as a full on invasion. It is organized, deliberate and meant to break down what little culture we have left. I personally do not see much difference, if any, between this and the Soviets rolling their tanks through the Eastern European countries. Both are done by force, one is just little less aggressive.

I do not buy the bullsh&t that they are leaving horrible conditions and looking for a better life here. If that were the case, then they would not be waving their countries' flags, stomping on ours and yearning for the same type of government that they supposedly are fleeing from.

Ok, feel better now. About once a year I gotta just share what's on my mind and cannot do it any where else but here because I am surrounded by moonbats in the physical world. Thx guys.

Go Green and hang around

It’s because Trump is a pussy, plain and simple. He doesn’t need new immigration laws. He doesn’t need additional fundings. He just need to e-verify the snot out of employers and prosecute every violations to the full extent of the law. He can activate the militia to patrol the border. He can prosecute the moneymen aiding and abetting the caravans.

In fact, he is too busy loudmouthing everything instead of executing his lawful duties.

It’s because Trump is a pussy, plain and simple. He doesn’t need new immigration laws. He doesn’t need additional fundings. He just need to e-verify the snot out of employers and prosecute every violations to the full extent of the law. He can activate the militia to patrol the border. He can prosecute the moneymen aiding and abetting the caravans.

In fact, he is too busy loudmouthing everything instead of executing his lawful duties.

Some places the employers aren't the only issue. they show up and go directly on the welfare.
Federal funding for those doing it should have been gone like yesterday.

Well, a couple of things.

First, I agree with you in most part. So let's get that out of the way.

Now, if YOU are receiving tons of articles from Drudge, et al, it is not THEM that are naive. You have fallen victim to a logical fallacy. The # of articles you receive has NO bearing on the perceived or real problems at the border. If I could manufacture an entire crisis by ensuring people's email boxes were filled, we'd have been at WW3 by now.

Also - there is no QUESTION these folks are coming here for a better life. They may not be coming here to STAY here, but they are coming for a better life.

I've got a client who's a lic'd electrician. He's been overseas a few times. He's gonna get paid big bucks to go to Kuwait for 2 years to repair and maintain the UPS's for a comm-network across the Middle East. He is NEVER going to be a citizen of Kuwait. He has a skill that no one in Kuwait has and he's being paid to come in, work and, most importantly, leave. He's never going to learn Farsi or wave the Kuwaiti flag. Ever.

Now, if we had a similar immigration policy in the US, how simple would it be???? Make it LEGAL for these folks to work here. . . . EASILY. We're not talking 6 months for a limited # of visas. Let em in if they can get work. Document them. ID them. Track them. Tax them.

Suddenly, all of your border jumpers are REAL criminals. Who would risk crossing the Rio Grande with some Coyote if you could just cross at a legal border crossing and go on to work somewhere????

We DO have a wall problem. And the wall problem is criminals coming in. But the majority of people coming in from Mexico aren't looking to do harm in the US. They just are going where the $ is and then shipping that $ home.

Now, conservatives, by and large, don't want to open the border like this. They are anti-anyone-coming-in-under-a-new-system. These same people were vehemently anti-gay-marriage right up until about a week after the USSC declared it legal. Are they looking to protest SSM? To make some Constitutional Amendment? Nope. Live and let live. That's what the majority say. They just don't like change.

On the other hand, liberals don't like this plan either. It accomplishes neither of their goals. Goal #1 is more voters. Because lower-class voters are at least somewhat more likely to become Democrats. So anything that doesn't give these people citizenship isn't in the cards for the D's. Even though THESE PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO BECOME CITIZENS! The second problem? We're going to (continue to) pay them well below minimum wage. $5/hr for a farm worker??? AOC would lose her freaking MIND!!! No one in America should be making that. . . . unless they are illegal and we turn a blind eye.

So we have a solution available, could actually SOLVE the problem, but both sides won't budge BECAUSE they can't grind their axe anymore. And what it's really all about is the axe-grinding. Not solving problems.

All THAT said, even if I got my wish and this was suddenly law, WE STILL NEED A WALL for those criminals coming over the border. That needs to be slowed down as best as possible. It'll never be stopped. But we can slow it down.

We had a saying that was very popular (and accurate) when I was younger, that I don't hear that much anymore: "Bleeding-Heart Liberals"

iu

The country is a complex machine with a lot of moving parts. Throw the fuel mixture off too much, stress the system too much in some way, and the machine can break down. Liberals and progressives have at the very core of their beliefs the unshakable faith that this will never happen. We can argue ad infinitum about exactly how much of this that and the other that the country needs, or can accommodate, but clearly having no control over what is happening is a bad thing because even when we detect problems of excess, we are powerless to fix them. I've always been pro-immigration, especially of highly educated people and entrepreneurs. We also need immigration at the unskilled labor level, probably a lot of it. But right now the only thing we actually sort of control is immigration of the highly educated and entrepreneurial class. If we just happen to get the right influx, more or less, of economic refugees, then we are OK, and perhaps in the past this was more or less what happened. But what I'm hearing now is that the influx of economic refugees is much higher than in the past. The machine will eventually break down, and quality of life will start to decline locally, here and there, a long time before that as the roots of America begin to die. So what you have here are two competing views. One is that the country has limitless capacity to accept economic refugees and that if ever it didn't, we could just respond to the matter then. The other view is that the capacity is limited, and we will be an unrecoverable shithole before the the open borders crowd recognizes that they have made a fatal error. I actually don't think they will ever realize it. By then the ruling class in the DNC will have been entirely replaced by people who have no sense at all of what it meant to be an American for the first 250 some odd years of its existence, no understanding of what made us a wealthy nation to start with.

couple of great points in this thread. did you all just finish reading Tribe also?

USA will only be destroyed from within and this border bullshit is just another way the world is encouraging divide within our borders.

Agreed mostly. Some good points for sure. Just like with drugs, the immegration issues may have a solution in adopting the "freehold" mentality.

Legalising drugs and even *gasp* undercutting costs by subsidizing them would vilify the profit system on their trafficing which is fueling much of the crime in our country.

Same goes for immegration. If we can't figure out a way to keep app panties in people's pants on the issue, proposing opening it up legally 100% with tracking and taxing may be an acceptable option.

The issue I have as a person who paid over the poverty line "wage" worth otf taxes last year is: I just want to stop paying for the influx to come in, get benefits and have no reaponsability to this nation.

I'd even geek to a 1-year in legal taxed and tracked. If at the end of 1 year, they haven't started the formal citizenship program as it has existed since the 1920's; they have 6 weeks to leave. Then they get deported if caught anywhere and all assets forfited and no chance of reentry

AOC watchers! Consider this a revenue stream! Think of all the taxes you are missing out on that productivity yo!

What New England used to be is dead. The rest of the country is morphing into... something. Half of it wants a new Confederacy and the other wants a new Soviet Union but much worse. I'm 27 and I feel like a walking anachronism based on politics, ethnicity (look at my handle to get an idea), and culture.

We had a saying that was very popular (and accurate) when I was younger, that I don't hear that much anymore: "Bleeding-Heart Liberals"

I think that phrase quite often but only in the context of certain leftists. Mostly the criminal justice reform-for-the-sake-of-reform leftists. The national debate on the death penalty is largely passe and modern progressives took the law and order versus liberalism debate and turned into a debate about white versus brown.

What New England used to be is dead. .....turned into a debate about white versus brown.

Its like different ethnic groups have internal interests or something. The whole "lets hold hands" approach is a gimmick sold to white voters while such voters also get blamed for everything wrong with society. Conservatives do this too. "Blexit", trying to win over the Hispanic vote as a cohesive racial group, etc.. Whites on the other hand get only vague economic promises (tax cuts woo!). They champion identity politics for everyone else but us.

The fear of Trump closing the border sends waves of illegals to cross the border now, before it’s too late. Thus creating an illegal immigration crisis.
Same way that there is a spike in gun sales when there is fear of more gun control.

What the hell is the difference...people are coming in illegally. Period. Let me explain.

If you come in through an airport and blow through immigration and customs without stopping you get arrested on the spot.

If you cross in a car and keep in going right through a check point without stopping you get arrested.

If you jump a fence or cross a river and don’t get caught it’s all ok.

Nope.

I can’t bekieve the video of people literally climbing a fence and everyone seems to think it’s ok. Makes no sense.

If you don’t like it change the laws, but until then, it is illegal entry no matter how it happens.

Last edited:
There is a multifold problem in the US

First. People entering this country are NOT immediately required to leave. Come in to the country, claim asylum (or persecution) or any number of things and a number of things happen. You are given an NTA (notice to appear) to see a judge (or Asylum officer). While your "claim" is being adjudicated, you are given an Employment Authorization Card which allows you to work in the US. This will take up to couple of years.

Lose your case? See above . Rinse, repeat.

Lose your appeal? See above. Rinse, repeat.

During this whole process, marry a US citizen, you'll basically be guaranteed a green card. Keep your nose clean for 2 years you're home free. Then get divorced.

The problem we have in the country is the immigration system is flat out broken. Immigration judges with the stroke of a pen can grant people legal status. Once people get legal status it is almost impossible to take it away. Notice how sentences run in convictions? The get sentenced to one less day that will get them removed.

The legal system is broken....

All THAT said, even if I got my wish and this was suddenly law, WE STILL NEED A WALL for those criminals coming over the border. That needs to be slowed down as best as possible. It'll never be stopped. But we can slow it down.

Robotic self aiming machine gun nests about every 10 feet along the entire border. And landmines. Or at least signs for landmines. In Spanish.

I've been to Central America. I've been to the sh!+hole countries that these people are coming from. It's pretty bad. Many communities have unemployment rates of 60% or higher. Median income for many Central American neighborhoods is about $0.80 per day IF you can even find a job. Public school is not paid for with tax dollars you have to pay tuition which is typically $25 - $40 per month per child. Businesses do not invest in Central America, the government is corrupt, politicians steal foreign aid to line their pockets, there are no jobs, medical Care is horrendous, there public education system is a joke. I've been there - 10 times. MyM church used to fund and maintain schools in Central America.
The two easiest options are to 1) join a gang or sell drugs. The only things that really provide security or money. Or, 2) try to get to the US.
Mexico is a tough country to cross - if you're caught your sent to prison for amandatory five-year sentence. even if you make it through Mexico there's a good chance that the border smugglers will take your money and leave you stranded in the desert. I've heard horror stories from many young men who abandoned their families in Guatemala and Honduras and tried to get to the United States only to end up serving lengthy sentences in a disgusting Mexican prison. We have a skewed perspective up here - unless you've been there you don't really know how awful it is. I don't blame them for trying to get across. DC has intentionally left the border unsecured for years, border patrol is undermanned and overstretched. It takes two plus years to hire a single officer. The whole system is retarded and needs to be overhauled.

Back
Top Bottom