How Much Would You Pay For Serial #1 ???

As much as you think it's worth or are willing to pay out. At the end of the day it's just an SKS ..400 bucks max

for those that collect "worth" is not generally a issue its more of how much they want it and how deep the pockets are

if you like that sort of thing it is definitely worth it. It would have a "cool" factor. However, you described it as NIB so it would definitely have value to a collector. For me, I would never use it so do I want to spend 1900 on a knick-knack? If I had the extra cash? Sure. But since I don't....but it would be very cool for this or any other gun.

I agree with the others that said it's really an individual want for a collection, but not worth much otherwise. Made me think of the grafitti-esque painting on the news this morning that sold for 110M dollars to a collector, but when I saw it I was thinking I wouldn't pay 20.00 for that thing.

An SKS with a serial number of 1 would add no more than $100.00 to me.
I'll give you $500.00 for it!

My first gun was a Norinco SKS type 56 with a spike bayonet. I bought it in 1993 for $89.00 brand new (cosmoline and all). I can't even see paying $400 for one now.

Nah, but I do think this one is hella-cool. [smile]

tpUYZRl.jpg

From a 'production' standpoint, first-article items are usually the WORST in terms of quality and reliability. If you want to buy something, you look toward the middle or end of a production run.

As much as you think it's worth or are willing to pay out. At the end of the day it's just an SKS ..400 bucks max

I wouldn't give someone more than $200 for one. SKS and decent Mosin are priced out of existence now because of tinfoiler douchebags hoarding them all during Obamascares/Sandy Hook etc.

Then again I'm not really a milsurp guy, theres about 3 or 4 of them in that class that I lust over (like the M1 Garand) the rest I could pretty much do without.

-Mike

The actual number if 2500001. It is not clear there are not other numbered serial number prefixes that also end in 00001.

Even if I was interested I wouldn't be able to bid

Why not? Just have it sent to NH or VT to a willing FFL and pick it up there. Unless they shitting their pants about "Healeyban" and irrationally interpreting it, an SKS should pass OK.

-Mike

I'm a guy who will pay a premium for collectibility of some items. Generally, however, they are collectible items and not something I'd use and decrease their value.

If you look at stamp collecting and coin collecting, rarity and condition drive prices to some degree certainly. But some items have prices that defy economics, and that's simply the value that a rather wealthy collector is willing to pay.

Check out this link:

https://www.thespruce.com/rarest-and-most-valuable-coins-768161

Coins that have sold for $3-10 Million each. This market is driven by desire.

ETA:

Here's a US Lincoln Head penny for sale for the low, low introductory price of $240,000

http://www.apmex.com/product/132855/1943-copper-lincoln-cent-xf-45-pcgs-cac-brown

FYI about 20 years ago a collector spent one of these by accident...

Last edited:
The actual number if 2500001. It is not clear there are not other numbered serial number prefixes that also end in 00001.

^ This, it's a garden variety Chinese SKS, not worth a penny more than any other "NIB" Chinese SKS, about $400-$500. I would pay $400 max if I were looking because that's what they go for now.

Why not? Just have it sent to NH or VT to a willing FFL and pick it up there. Unless they shitting their pants about "Healeyban" and irrationally interpreting it, an SKS should pass OK.

-Mike

He may ship to an FFL in a bordering state if someone in MA won. But some people don't even want you to bid if they say they will not ship to your state. That's something to be hashed out before bidding, if I were interested. This state sux!

Back
Top Bottom