• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

how much would it cost to buy everything you have in your mind for ownership?

GunGrey

Banned
As of right now, how much money would you need to buy what you want at this moment in time. Im not talking about a collection as a whole

I'm hoovering right about about 50k to buy everything i want as of this moment, it includes multiples of certain guns.

Everything I want would run right around $750,000. But that includes a house, 3 different cars, and a veritable arsenal of weaponry, plus the modifications to the foundation to contain it all.

house and cars dont count

Im in at atleast a couple surgeons from GAP
Some Vang Comps
A shit ton of 1911s
atleast 1 fullauto M4 and AK
some milsurps
and ammo to shoot them all

I am either cheap, easy to please, or have just about everything I want, except an Ed brown ( working on it), and for me, a decent long gun...so I guess about $6000, would do it...and $10k in ammo and a connex to store the ammo.

My working list, the one I actually plan on completing, has 21 guns on it, none too exotic: average price of acquisition is probably $500, so around $11k. My Big List, the lifetime collection, is much longer and has a lot of speculative acquisitions on it which I may never make, I just run that as an all-inclusive fantasy list so there's no real point in calculating the price beyond guessing well over $100k.

It isn't the cost so much as the availability of technology. The guns and ammo are costly and all, but the machine to bring 1970's Cheryl Tiegs to today just doesn't exist. Armament wise, I'm about 80K short. Another 30k if the underground ammo mag is to be included.

As of right now, how much money would you need to buy what you want at this moment in time. Im not talking about a collection as a whole

I'm hoovering right about about 50k to buy everything i want as of this moment, it includes multiples of certain guns.

images

(Give or take)

After having so many and life forcing the sale of most of it, I've come to appreciate less. I could get my current wish list for ~ $2,000

I must be greedy because my limit is what ever I have. If I mannage to win mega millions my collection is going to end up costing a million at least.... if I dont win, then I guess $500-$2k a year is my 'dream limit'...

I could be perfectly happy if I never purchased another.

Ive learned that will always be "the next one" and that no matter what your wallet size theres always that next level of collecting.

you really only "need" one, learn to be proficient with it and the rest is just fun stuff

I'll pick a round number of $10K would make me happy...the most expensive (I think) on my list would be an 1873 Winchester

Like the what I want if things get back to normal? Probably about 20 grand. Couple of Noveske ARs, a SW 686, an SW 640, another half dozen Glocks, Kahr PM9, 3 x Dan Wesson 1911s (2 in .45, one in 10mm), Some CZs, a couple of .308s of some kind or another, and a Benelli SuperNova Tactical, and a bunch of crap/holsters/cases/accessories to go with all the above including premium grade optics and the like in some cases.

The "pie in the sky what I want..." is more like a couple of million dollars or so.

-Mike

Like the what I want if things get back to normal? Probably about 20 grand. Couple of Noveske ARs, a SW 686, an SW 640, another half dozen Glocks, Kahr PM9, 3 x Dan Wesson 1911s (2 in .45, one in 10mm), Some CZs, a couple of .308s of some kind or another, and a Benelli SuperNova Tactical, and a bunch of crap/holsters/cases/accessories to go with all the above including premium grade optics and the like in some cases.

The "pie in the sky what I want..." is more like a couple of million dollars or so.

-Mike

Exactly

HMMMMMMM, If you have that kind of money................ HI BUDDY [kiss]

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom