How much trouble would I be in? Forgot my license at home.

nightpoison

NES Member
Yesterday, I got in the car for a range trip. Packed all the toys in the back and headed out on my way. Halfway there, I realized what I had forgotten, my wallet. Now if I had been pulled over, what would have been the level of shit I would have faced.

I contemplated for a hot second just continuing on, as there was very little change I would have interacted with an officer, but on the off chance, I didn't want to risk it. On the way home I started to contemplate different scenarios, would they have accepted a digital copy I could have my wife take a picture of and send, would they follow me home so I could show them? I'm guessing no on both.

What say you?

Not sure the reference to snow tires
Typical NES stayements to most threads:
OP going to jail
Get a lawyer
Delete this thread
She ugly, has pointy elbows
Get snow tires
40 cal is gay
OoOOooOO
Skin flint this, armpit region there
Bang his wife, toss his keys, leave an upper decker
NH isn't free anymore
Etc.

OP going to jail
Get a lawyer
Delete this thread
She ugly, has pointy elbows an asymmetrical nose
Get snow tires
40 cal is gay
OoOOooOO
Bang his wife, toss his keys, leave an upper decker
NH isn't free anymore
Etc.
FIFY

OP going to jail
Get a lawyer
Delete this thread
She ugly, has pointy elbows middle toe longer than big toe
Get snow tires
40 cal is gay
OoOOooOO
Bang his wife, toss his keys on the roof, leave an upper decker
NH isn't free anymore
Etc.

FIFY again. Someone else can explain upper decker.

It’s Massachusetts, so as you’d expect they grab your gun. Quoting the statute:

Upon failure to do so such person may be required to surrender to such officer said firearm, rifle or shotgun which shall be taken into custody as under the provisions of section one hundred and twenty-nine D, except that such firearm, rifle or shotgun shall be returned forthwith upon presentation within thirty days of said license to carry firearms, firearm identification card or receipt for fee paid for such card or hunting license as hereinbefore described.

The cop has a lot of discretion here, though. They may just issue a warning unless they are looking for a reason to hassle you.

It’s Massachusetts, so as you’d expect they grab your gun. Quoting the statute:

Upon failure to do so such person may be required to surrender to such officer said firearm, rifle or shotgun which shall be taken into custody as under the provisions of section one hundred and twenty-nine D, except that such firearm, rifle or shotgun shall be returned forthwith upon presentation within thirty days of said license to carry firearms, firearm identification card or receipt for fee paid for such card or hunting license as hereinbefore described.

The cop has a lot of discretion here, though. They may just issue a warning unless they are looking for a reason to hassle you.
AND we have an answer..........................that isn't busting my balls. haha. I enjoyed all the other comments, but did hope someone would give some insight to the actual question.

Seriously?

If - and I repeat - if - you get pulled over, just pull over, roll your window down, when the officer comes up hand him the paperwork from your glove compartment and say "Sorry, I just realized, I left my wallet at home on the bureau". Then shut up.

He's got your registration and insurance papers in his hand, he's already run the plate - he's about 95% sure he already knows who you are.

If he asks if there are firearms in the vehicle, answer honestly.

But shit - seriously - this is way too over thought. Think about how many miles you've driven and how often you've been pulled over. What's the ratio there? What are the odds you're going to get pulled over? Pretty damn slim.

@one-eyed Jack 's absolutely right when he says "You can drive 100,000 miles and not get stopped if you don't drive like an idiot."

1649626009547.png

In Massachusetts you need to be prepared for those kind of things. Hardly anyone ever forgets their cellphone these days so the solution is pretty simple; besides how else could you post on NES.

Just take a picture of you current DL and LTC and you will always have proof of your papers. Pro tip: take a picture of a couple of twenties just in case you want to stop for a coffee.😆😆 Seriously, set up Apple Pay. It saved my ass a few months ago at the grocery store.

Bob

Not sure the reference to snow tires

@nightpoison Haven't seen it discussed in a while but one of the GREAT NES divisions was NES rivers who ALWAYS put snow tires on at the first hint of snow clouds and they don't come off until about Federal Income Tax due date.

The rest of the normal NES drivers can get by with M&S tires about 90% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom