• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How much time do you spend on shooting per week?

How many hours a week do you spend on shooting related activities?

• 0-1

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • 1-2

• 2-4

• 4-6

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • 6-8

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • 8-10

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 10+

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

jar

I was on my way back from the Westford club meeting tonight, and I was thinking about how shooting sports have kind of taken over my life. On average, how many hours per week do you spend on shooting related activities? Include matches, shooting sessions at the range, dry fire, club meetings, and reloading. Pretty much all shooting related time, except don't include time on the forum, because that'll really skew the results.

Might want to expand the poll- a match can last 6 hours sometimes (not including set up and break down). Group practices can run 3 hours without much shooting. I'm over 10 hrs easy if you add in all the times. Commuting and reloading alone add up!

Not counting the damn interweb , reloading , shopping for components , associated road time for travel , cleaning ....

... an easy 6 to 8 hours per week. Wednesday nights and Sunday days.

shooting or shooting related?

From the OP: "Include matches, shooting sessions at the range, dry fire, club meetings, and reloading. Pretty much all shooting related time, except don't include time on the forum, because that'll really skew the results." I'd also say, don't include time shopping for ammo or components. The exact poll values aren't really important, I just wanted to get a discussion started.

I average one match per week, plus either a practice session or dry fire. I'm adding a weekly 22 bullseye league this winter, but action pistol probably slows down to one match a month.

Might want to expand the poll- a match can last 6 hours sometimes (not including set up and break down). Group practices can run 3 hours without much shooting. I'm over 10 hrs easy if you add in all the times. Commuting and reloading alone add up!

I think I'm under 10 hours on average, but the week of NER was over 40.

Every day I focus about 15 minutes of intense repetition of a particular skill. Draws from concealment, reloads with retention, revolver reloads, tracking, trigger manipulation, etc.

The last two years have been busy for me and the wife to the extent that most if not all hobbies were put on hold.

The Gunpowderpig was only the second time in the last two years that we've been to the range. 2010 will be different, I plan to make it so I have more time to spend on my hobbies.

My actual shooting time has dropped DRAMATICALLY due to the difficulty in getting ammo.

It's pretty much down to 22LR unless I take a guest to the range to shoot a large bore gun.

I try and go once a week on thursday nights and if there is match on the weekends I am usually there.

Then there's reloading, browsing midway, browsing NES.
I can do over 20 hours easy in a week just doing that.

Back
Top Bottom