How much longer will the ammo shortage last

I hit 2 local places today and 2 big boxes. All four places had 9mm, NONE of the four had any 22lr, nevermind minimags.

This story is dated August 5, so I guess news is a bit slow in Montana:

Panic buying triggers ammunition shortage: .22-caliber hard to find: 'Good year to be a gopher'

Walmart may be the world’s largest retailer and the nation’s top seller of firearms, but that doesn’t mean the shopping behemoth has any better luck getting boxes of bullets on its shelves.

“I haven’t seen it getting better,” Cody Grove, manager of the Great Falls store, said of the ammunition shortage that’s spread across America this year. The hardest-to-get item appears to be the “brick” of .22 caliber bullets that packs 500 rounds in a box.

“It’s a good year to be a gopher,” he said, pointing to the unavailability of that favored varmint-hunting round.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/ar...caliber-hard-to-find-Good-year-to-be-a-gopher

Ditto, reloading supplies are plentiful now if you don't mind driving or you have a friend or relative in N.H. to receive your orders.

It will last until you find shooters outpost in hooksett nh. I was amazed by their selection and the prices were reasonable as well.

[grin][grin]
I'm happy someone other than me BTT'd this thread. I was waiting for the "oh not this crap again" comments.

I'm declaring it just about over. I found the elusive white unicorn ammunition yesterday, so it does really still exist and they really still are making it.

I was down to a couple thousand rounds of Unicorn Ammo, getting real nervous, then I saw it yesterday. Why still do I feel like a low life drug addict type bugging the same guy at the ammo counter 3-4 days a week if anything came in?

At 3 boxes per purchase it's going to take me 35 more trips to the store to get to the level I want to be at. I'm hoping prices will go down a bit.

8 pound kegs of H335 @ <$200 on store shelves will harken the end. So it is still going on.

Let's face it - right now there are two types out there. There are those who make copious amounts of time to hunt and scavenge and learn to game the system to get all the ammo. Then there are those that are trying to fit some gun time in with the rest of life and try and buy ammo when they can find the time & place. The first get all the ammo, the second, not so much. There is plenty of ammo out there, it is just in the hands of the the first - and will continue to be that way until their collective behavior changes (for whatever reason). Not a judgement call - just how I see it playing out.

Yup.....this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

You'll know the "shortage" is over when there are no more limit signs in the Walmart & other ammo cases.

Back
Top Bottom