How much is too much for .22 ammo?

Those prices suck, do you mean it's good for Kittery?
I meant that it is available in quantity and posted the prices they were charging......that is all. I did not anywhere in that post say if the prices were good or not good...... just that it is still above 2 years ago......what you think of the price is up to you..

Last edited:
Patriot in Ipswich had about a dozen bricks of CCI standard velocity at $49.99 +tax. Too much ! Walked away. 1-2 years ago would have bought it.

We are all ears if you know of a place with 22 ammo consistently in stock for a lower price.

I'm with badshot on this varmint........where are you finding decent quality (not remmy thunder turds or golden bullet) 22lr for under 6 cents a round with full stocked shelves and no limit?

Last edited:
I'm with badshot on this varmint........where are you finding decent quality (not remmy thunder turds or golden bullet) 22lr for under 6 cents a round with full stocked shelves and no limit?

I didn't look at the price of the 325 round Federal stuff ($16 I think?), but Rileys was cheaper than Shooters, and 2 box limit instead of 1 at Shooters:

Rileys, CCI Minimags Hollow Pt = $21 for 300
Rileys, CCI AR Tac = $20 for 300
Shooters, CCI Minimags Hollow Pt = $25 for 300

both stores have had stock for quite a while now.

I stopped in at Hunter Trading Post in Weymouth and they said that they just got a big shipment of .22lr in. They had 500 rd box's of M22 for $26. Dick's in Dedham had some .22lr as well, 2 40rd box limit though. Passed on Dicks and got a brick at Hunter's. Nice guys in there.

When I started shooting the cheapest thunderbolt crap brick was $12.

I looked in my cabinet yesterday and found an old brick Federal Champion Standard Velocity, the price tag showed $12. It must have been left over from the 80's.

Back in the day, you bought 50 round boxes for about a penny apiece. Yes, you could buy individual rounds in quite a few locations

Nowadays those are called "Loosies".
Just don't get caught selling them in NYC. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom