How much is too much for .22 ammo?

At rileys 500 round american eagle bricks were 21 dollars, fed auto match 325 loose were 16 dollars. CCI swamp people 300 round packs were 21 dollars.

They had lots of it.

I thought the CCI Swamp People was $25, or maybe that was Shooters. Is Shooters always more expensive than Rileys?

whacko, you are apparently one of those obtuse kind of guys. Reread the post without moving your lips. Note the quotation marks.

PS Not that I mind too much, considering the source, but did you really have to neg rep me? That kind of stuff goes on my personal record. For life.

whacko, you are apparently one of those obtuse kind of guys. Reread the post without moving your lips. Note the quotation marks.

PS Not that I mind too much, considering the source, but did you really have to neg rep me? That kind of stuff goes on my personal record. For life.
I sent the neg because don't seem to be on here too much with only 415 posts in 4 + years and wanted to draw your attention to my response.

Last edited:
I thought the CCI Swamp People was $25, or maybe that was Shooters. Is Shooters always more expensive than Rileys?

Shooters cci was 25. Shooters tends to be more expensive and also cards you.

Rileys tends to be more attitude but lately they have a nice girl at the counter. Rileys will be sold out faster than shooters will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooters cci was 25. Shooters tends to be more expensive and also cards you.

Rileys tends to be more attitude but lately they have a nice girl at the counter. Rileys will be sold out faster than shooters will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, i saw the new girl, pretty and friendly. I like both stores, but yeah, seems like Rileys is a lot cheaper for ammo.

whacko, in the future, just send me a list of all your important posts. I promise to read them when I can find the time.

You mean important posts like your true gems such as these:

“It took20 posts for someone to say the front sights were too high. Way to go NES.”

“Bite it,mclina.”

“Ouch.Back at you, mclina.”

Golden words full of intellect and value added dialogue. Where would NES be without them?

Last edited:
I've seen Bulk Pack and Brick used interchangeably.

Winchester 22LR 555rds are packaged like bulk. But are considered bricks
Winchester M22 1000rds are packaged like bulk. But contain two bricks
Remington Golden Booooolit 525rds are packaged like bulk. But are considered bricks
Remington 550 and 500 round value packs are packaged in bulk, but also are considered bricks
CCI Fancy Name Here, 100 rounds, are called sleeves.

Now, I get what you're saying WRT to 22LR being dropped into individual slots on a plastic tray, and then packaging that, then putting 10, 50rd packs into a brick. I use to shoot competitively in school with 22LR that probably cost triple what I'm shooting now. But around these parts, a lot of people are going to interchangeably call a value pack, a brick.

If you go on GunBroker, the NES Classifieds or Armslist and see a value pack advertised as a brick - you should fully expect to get value pack packaging.

Finally some good news:

The .22 ammo drought shows signs of waning

Maybe I've been lucky, but I've twice found .22 ammo at Sportsman's Warehouse and recently ordered and received a 500-round brick from Cabela's. None of it was at inflated prices, either.

That's good news for those of us waiting for this round of the ammo shortage to end. I've also recently seen .22 ammo advertised at smaller gun shops, and one hoarder was trying to dump his stash of 11,000 rounds and has dropped his asking price several times because he's still trying to get profiteer prices.

Those signs point to a return to normal with .22 ammo easily available and at reasonable prices. Sound far fetched? If recent history is any guide, it could happen sooner than you might think.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/12/15/3543329_the-22-ammo-drought-showing-signs.html?rh=1

I was in ChinaMart in Hudson, NH on Sunday. I asked if they ever get .22LR SV ammo and the guy at the counter admitted that he didn't normally work in that department but that they open at 0600 and there are lines of people waiting for their rations every morning, hoping that some small quantity of ANY .22LR gets put out. It's all gone in a flash in spite of their rationing policy.

So much for a lessening of prices or increases in supplies.

I actually scored a whole brick of Fiocchi Standard Velocity yesterday for slightly under $40.

Banana_Dance.gif

Admittedly I've only been casually looking for it over the last two years, I refuse to pay rapists prices, and sadly I haven't even fired a gun in nearly six months.
Since I bought the house and moved to NH, I haven't had any free time to go play anyway. [sad2]

I can remember telling the girlfriend " I'd rather let Walmart store it than me" when i stopped buying 15.00 federal bulk packs a few years ago. Uggh

Someone piss in your oatmeal this morning or what? I have never heard anyone refer to a 333, 325, or 222 round loose packed box of 22lr as a brick.......only as a bulk pack.....and a brick is the larger box of co-packed 50 or 40 round boxes. I took difference to how you referred to the package you were talking about in a respectful and thought out manner.....for a specific reason based on some shooters opinions of accuracy. You may want to consider the same in return.

My take on this:

this is a brick.....it looks like.....a brick.....there are 10 smaller boxes of 50 rounds each with the ammo kept separate by little trays:View attachment 122120

This is a bulk pack......the ammo is lose:

View attachment 122121

That is how I have always seen it.......and heard it discussed. My intention in my initial statement was to point out that for some discerning shooters this makes a difference.........I did not make my statement to urinate further into your hot breakfast cereal.....however if this discussion has your panties further into a bunch that is all on you......but a word of advice that may help you out......"the sticky side goes against your panties". Peace out!

Pwned

I still have $10 bricks.

I hate to encourage profiteering, but I'll give you $20 for any of them you want to sell... :)
(No, I'm not serious. Well, I would seriously happily pay $20 for a brick these days, but I surely don't expect anyone to sell it for that price).

I started buying ammo right after Newtown. Up until then I figured I had enough on my shelves, there was at least enough to go to the range three or four times for every caliber I shoot. When my <spit> "esteemed" legislators started talking about limitations and excessive taxes, (50% on ammo), I started seriously stocking up.

I overpaid for some of it, no doubt. But I've got ammo for each of my guns, and some of my .22's are finicky. I'm headed to the range in a couple of hours for a ConTact match and it's just a question of pulling what I need off of the shelves and out of the safe. To me, that's worth the extra $ I had to pay.

Your mileage may vary.

Someone piss in your oatmeal this morning or what? I have never heard anyone refer to a 333, 325, or 222 round loose packed box of 22lr as a brick.......only as a bulk pack.....and a brick is the larger box of co-packed 50 or 40 round boxes. I took difference to how you referred to the package you were talking about in a respectful and thought out manner.....for a specific reason based on some shooters opinions of accuracy. You may want to consider the same in return.

My take on this:

this is a brick.....it looks like.....a brick.....there are 10 smaller boxes of 50 rounds each with the ammo kept separate by little trays:View attachment 122120

This is a bulk pack......the ammo is lose:

View attachment 122121

That is how I have always seen it.......and heard it discussed. My intention in my initial statement was to point out that for some discerning shooters this makes a difference.........I did not make my statement to urinate further into your hot breakfast cereal.....however if this discussion has your panties further into a bunch that is all on you......but a word of advice that may help you out......"the sticky side goes against your panties". Peace out!

FWIW I see a package of 500 and consider it a brick. I don't care if it's 500 rounds loose in a box, or 10 boxes of 50. If its a box of 525 or 550, those additional rounds over 500 should be "Now 50 more free inside!" and I still consider it a brick.

ETA:
To the OP. When I started shooting the cheapest thunderbolt crap brick was $12. Most other plinking grade stuff was 15-20, target stuff was 30-40. The most I paid for 22 was $70 for 500 of wolf gold medal match. I will not pay that for plinking ammo.

Last edited:
To all, what say you on the 400 and 300 "containers"/"bricks". whacko is an appropriate name. More than likely, I was shooting before you were born. "bricks" are relatively new. Back in the day, you bought 50 round boxes for about a penny apiece. Yes, you could buy individual rounds in quite a few locations. You don't like my description, T.S. Even were you to gratify livestock, I'd not comment on it unless you were proselytizing.

Kittery has full stocked shelves of 22lr. No limit. 325 round federal auto match bulk packs were $19.99. 50 round packs of American eagle for $2.99. CCI minimag 50 rounders wer at $7 I think. Its getting better out there.......price still above 2 years ago but at least its available.

Kittery has full stocked shelves of 22lr. No limit. 325 round federal auto match bulk packs were $19.99. 50 round packs of American eagle for $2.99. CCI minimag 50 rounders wer at $7 I think. Its getting better out there.......price still above 2 years ago but at least its available.

Those prices suck, do you mean it's good for Kittery?

Back
Top Bottom