How much is a pre ban Colt AR-15 worth? 1986

Just wondering. How much is a Pre ban Colt worth? 1986. All Colt or Knight's Armament. Would come with and extra 18in Colt upper with carry handle.

14633651_1413209545363533_214867411526662826_o.jpg

For those in free state's it's just a 30 year old plinker.
For some who like box and papers and colored labels it's worth more
In state's like mass what someone is willing to pay.
Watching the for sale adds here I seen several posted at silly high prices and slowly drop.
Also some people don't want to deal with the different size take down holes....if this has them.
Post it for what you want to get out of it.

In a free state, an SP-1 or Sporter in good condition maybe 1350-1400, extra upper, maybe another 3-400 with or W/O carrier? In CT. probably 5-10 grand.

In a free state, an SP-1 or Sporter in good condition maybe 1350-1400, extra upper, maybe another 3-400 with or W/O carrier? In CT. probably 5-10 grand.

If anyone in CT wants to give me >5K for my 1988 Colt Sporter, I will sell mine. Complete with extra killy bayonet and I will throw in a box of pre-ban mags for good measure.

The number in MA is on the low side of the ballpark.

If anyone in CT wants to give me >5K for my 1988 Colt Sporter, I will sell mine. Complete with extra killy bayonet and I will throw in a box of pre-ban mags for good measure.

The number in MA is on the low side of the ballpark.

No grandfathering of mags in CT so you will have to keep those. If it's over 10 rds it can't come here. If it was owned prior to 4/1/2013 it had to be registered or taken out of state or destroyed, no matter when they were made.

If I wanted an AR that badly I'd go to a free state to buy a pre-ban one then bring it home. But still no high cap mags so it wouldn't really be worth it anyway.

Nice touch with the flag in the backdrop. That's how everyone's high school picture should be....flag in the back...AR at the ready.

No grandfathering of mags in CT so you will have to keep those. If it's over 10 rds it can't come here. If it was owned prior to 4/1/2013 it had to be registered or taken out of state or destroyed, no matter when they were made.

If I wanted an AR that badly I'd go to a free state to buy a pre-ban one then bring it home. But still no high cap mags so it wouldn't really be worth it anyway.

My point was that the 5k number was just a little over the top.

My point was that the 5k number was just a little over the top.

Agreed, I'm just pointing out of bad the CT ban is and how even getting a pre-ban AR (or AK) in CT still leaves you with a measly 10 rd capacity.

Point is, it's not worth it at $2k or even $1,500 IMHO unless the buyer has money to toss around. OP, start with a high price and ease it down until someone bites but don't expect a king's ransom.

Back
Top Bottom