How much have you spent in 2020?

This is interesting because if Sniffy Joe and the Ho try to destroy the gun business, they probably haven’t accounted for the economic impact, the gun biz has to be a billion dollar industry..they’d be putting a lot of people out of work...

They don't care about coal workers, remember the 'learn to code' gaffe or tossing auto industry and manufacturing jobs under the bus so that we are all buying junk from China. What makes you think they give even the most fleeting of thoughts to the people they would put out of work in the gun industry? They probably think that most people who work in the firearms industry run around in vampire cloaks and sustain themselves by draining the blood from children at the playground.

Stocked up on ammo in 2018. Stocked up on uppers in 2019. 2020??? A few hundo's maybe??? Some parts and some 300BLK ammo. That's it. I happened to be very prepared so I didn't need to race around to look for ammo or guns or stuff. Some fun stuff out there. Not willing to pay the prices. Some of the folks clamoring for a pre-ban AR are going to wait a LONG time to get their $ back after this calms down. Ditto for those $275 G19 mags. Damn!

Surprisingly I haven't seen gun prices go full retard.... yet. Its basically the ammo market, but the gun price spike is coming. Best value is still stacking 80%s, and you can still find finished lowers. I bought 3 complete rifles in pieces and barely paid 500 per rifle. Just a couple weeks ago.

Ebay for me, but a ten Year supply of Tang is a 4 oz. jar!

Why do you keep capitalizing 'tang???? [rofl]

And 4oz is a bit small even for this Irishman. 90-100lbs works.

Surprisingly I haven't seen gun prices go full retard.... yet. Its basically the ammo market, but the gun price spike is coming. Best value is still stacking 80%s, and you can still find finished lowers. I bought 3 complete rifles in pieces and barely paid 500 per rifle. Just a couple weeks ago.

Pre-ban AR's were going for $1,000-1500 back a year ago. Now they're $2200-3000-STUPIDpricing. Extra ditto for pre-ban AK's of any variety. Isn't there one on teh XC for $4K right now??? For an AK!

PTR91's that couldn't be given away 2 years ago going for big money.

Handgun prices may not be going up. But MSR's are thru the roof.

There are gun shops in mASS that are scouring the inter webs and other dealers to bring in boatloads of pre-ban AR's. One on FB has a dozen in stock right now. And can't keep them on the shelves. They aren't $1,400, I can tell you that!

Why do you keep capitalizing 'tang???? [rofl]

And 4oz is a bit small even for this Irishman. 90-100lbs works.

Pre-ban AR's were going for $1,000-1500 back a year ago. Now they're $2200-3000-STUPIDpricing. Extra ditto for pre-ban AK's of any variety. Isn't there one on teh XC for $4K right now??? For an AK!

There are gun shops in mASS that are scouring the inter webs and other dealers to bring in boatloads of pre-ban AR's. One on FB has a dozen in stock right now. And can't keep them on the shelves. They aren't $1,400, I can tell you that!

Thats if you feel like playing stupid Massachusetts games.

XXX91's were creeping up in pricing even before this F'd up year started. I think that was right around the time the term "battle rifle" started trending again. But yeah, this year has affected pricing on guns too. Particularly rare to MA stuff.

Honestly not as much as in the past. Bought a J frame with christmas money just before new year but ill count it. Several boxes of .38. Picked up a smattering of 12ga hunting loads and a few boxes 5.56 when things started to go sideways in march. Been saving for a house so the gun/hobby budget is slashed to the bone.

I made alot of upgrades this year. Bought tons of gear and had a very expensive year so far but thankfully planned ahead and was all squared away on ammo long before this shortage hit.

Thats if you feel like playing stupid Massachusetts games.

I didn't say I was playing. Just observing. I keep tabs on the inflationary and deflationary nature of many items in our economy. Gasoline. Guns. Housing. Just to name a few. When your brain loves numbers, it's best to keep it fed. ;)

I didn't say I was playing. Just observing. I keep tabs on the inflationary and deflationary nature of many items in our economy. Gasoline. Guns. Housing. Just to name a few. When your brain loves numbers, it's best to keep it fed. ;)

I get it. I'm just saying that its totally possible to get tools you need without playing the game... for now.

2020 is by far the least I've ever spent on Guns/Ammo etc. There was a gun on my bucket list I bought back in February and I also found some 7.62 x 51 & 50 BMG in February but that's been it. I sold Patriot Arms 5,000 rds back in early March. 9mm, 45 ACP, 7.62 x 39 & .223. It's all stuff I bought during Obama's Green Tip scare. I date and price Ammo whenever I buy it. I told them that's what I paid, if you want it, that's what you'll pay. They were balking but the other patrons in the store were saying "Take it, take it". They paid my price, sold it all by the next day, and brought my average costs down between 5¢ to 10¢ a rnd. Healey/Tall Duval closed all the Gun Shops a few days later. So after I subtract what I sold I'd guess I spent between 3K to 5K.

About $1000 before I even pull a trigger. USCCA policy - Membership to two clubs, and a holster and you are at a grand.
Sometimes we forget the little purchases that are related that add up. Some preban mags, Optics, plates and carrier, new rifle rest.
Taught a couple of people to shoot this year, that was easily $500 in ammo.
Scored a few cases of ammo before the VID Floyd crazy. Picked up a few interesting pieces, have my eye on a couple of things.
Oh, and $21 for an NES membership. [laugh]

2016-2018 were buying years. I bought pretty heavy for this nonsense.

This year is a selling year. Not a buying year though this could go well into 2021 and beyond. So Im just letting go the minimum

Last edited:
actually bought 2 this year, usually only buy 1. before SHTF, just after covid, s & w 619 used, $400.00--s&w 15-22 for the Mrs, $420.00.

no ammo buys, didn't think i needed any more---:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

wish i bought a M&p 15-22 for myself back then. hard to show up at the range w/ the wife's muddy girl camo model

What a great idea for a thread. Next up: Post pics of your favorite credit card- front and back! In four weeks or so I'll pick a winner and send a free RFID-proof sleeve to protect your card. In case of a tie, winner will be decided by which card gets the most 'likes' on tik tok.

Sometimes NES surprises me. The fact that this thread has not already gone haywire is one of those times. Tryptophan in the turkey? Kids slipped some edibles into my pecan pie and this isn't real?

everybody hates those guys, but, no one actually sells those for much cheaper.
it is pure madness. everywhere elsewhere this stuff costs barely about $1k.
i just hope it all will pass by next year spring, if nothing major will happen.

everybody hates those guys, but, no one actually sells those for much cheaper.
it is pure madness. everywhere elsewhere this stuff costs barely about $1k.
i just hope it all will pass by next year spring, if nothing major will happen.
Buy a stripped lower and build it out for well under a $1k. That’s what I’ve done with my 2 builds. One a standard AR and the other is a SBR. But then again I (along with many others) don’t believe Healeys press release is law.

Buy a stripped lower and build it out for well under a $1k. That’s what I’ve done with my 2 builds. One a standard AR and the other is a SBR. But then again I (along with many others) don’t believe Healeys press release is law.
I was only making a point about current prices on pre-ban.
I may eventually build or buy a .308 or 6.5 rifle, but, not now.

Back
Top Bottom