How much have you spent in 2020?

Quite_Exasperated

NES Member
How much did you spend on guns and shooting in 2020? Everything.. in total..guns, ammo, reloading, accessories..all in, I figure I’m in the $5k range for 2020. 2021 will be much less as I focus on keeping the reloading components at reasonable levels.

Not much. I have more than enough of everything to last my probable lifetime, so only buy things that I find to be both interesting and a good deal.

Just picked up a nice older Wingmaster for fair price from a member here (thanks!) Buying in a frenzy is ALWAYS bad math.

Sold a bunch of clutter and extras before moving here to avoid the cost and hassle of moving it.

I spent more on TP hoarding than anything else. Just waiting for the second wave which seems to be in the early stages.

My wife just picked up two boxes of Kraft Minute Tapioca. That seemed to disappear for a while....so we should be all set with that for now.

Not much. I have more than enough of everything to last my probable lifetime, so only buy things that I find to be both interesting and a good deal.

Just picked up a nice older Wingmaster for fair price from a member here (thanks!) Buying in a frenzy is ALWAYS bad math.

Sold a bunch of clutter and extras before moving here to avoid the cost and hassle of moving it.
Funny thing is my spending was not frenzy related...I happened to get back into it in Oct. 2019 after a long hiatus and then started to think about the election a year off..stocked up pretty well and sprung for a posterity purchase figuring if the D‘s won we’d be looking at more bans..by May, I was largely done with purchases and am sitting pretty at this point to ride out the s show that’s coming..

I actually did quite a bit this year with my entire guns and gear collection. I replaced my old pc with steel for a better pc with ceramics, replaced 4 shorter Keymod rail systems for longer Mlok rails, upgraded 3 gun lights, upgraded 4 scopes, bought a new AR, a GSG 22 and replaced 2 Gen 4 Glocks for Gen 5’s. I don’t keep track of the money spent since I sold what I replaced. I added a few thousand rounds of ammo early on before Covid got rolling. It’s been a pretty productive year. I definitely shot a lot more this year than last year.

1 pistol that I recall. $2K. Very little ammo at the beginning of the year. Mostly filled in some oddball calibers that I don't shoot a lot. Things like .25, .32, .50AE and 7.62x25.

It's been a slow year.

Well over $1, but not quite $20k (I don’t think anyway) but who’s keeping track, anyway? Oh, you are for no apparent reason.

I WILL say, that I think I’m all set for a while, thanks to @Michael J. Spangler / @1919FAN ‘s casting seminars. I’ve said it a few times on NES this year, but I felt VERY silly bringing a milk crate full of lead ingots from MA to IN last year, but I’m SURE glad I did!

If you’re not reloading/casting...you’re doing it wrong.

That being said, this year was more optic/upgrade oriented than actual firearms, but I got my share of those too (mostly CZ pistols though if we’re going for numbers).

Last edited:
How much did you spend on guns and shooting in 2020? Everything.. in total..guns, ammo, reloading, accessories..all in, I figure I’m in the $5k range for 2020. 2021 will be much less as I focus on keeping the reloading components at reasonable levels.
Less than in past years for sure. Supply is generally low to nonexistent and prices are way up... certainly higher for ammo than I can afford to pay.

And with the panic and COVID restrictions, I can't even get into Carl's to look at his used guns. [thinking] Last visit, I waited over an hour and the line didn't move an inch. Had to leave. No thanks. 🙁

Only bought one gun in 2020 that was the browning new model auto 5 that was priced error at ktp that was $465. Would not have even bought a gun in 2020 if it weren't for the price error on that shotgun. Could not leave that on the rack hell of a deal. Thing has turned out to be a good hunting and trap shooting gun hit lots of 25s on the trap range with it. I truly have all the actual guns I need or want most are hunting irons anyway.

Ammo and such.......$6k or so feeding my press and guns for range time, hunting and plate shoots and such just like every year. That includes the new turret press.

No new guns, and I reload. I only bought primers once this year, and it was just because i hadn't ever used them before in a load, didn't pay FU prices. So not much $ spent really. Definitely under $500 easy

I just looked at my TS USA account.

The only case of ammo I bought this year was a case of Wolf Gold for $258 delivered. I sent it to a friend in Vegas who was down in the dumps, unemployed and needed some lead therapy.

Definitely a slow year.

Way more than average, ill just leave it at that. I predict 2021 though will probably be about 75% of that. Mainly because there's very little reasonably priced ammo to buy. (Reasonable being anything that takes a primer and is under 50 cents a round).

I'm OK with stating that I've spent about $400.00 on 12 gauge ammo (about 50% buck + 50% bird).
I was a bit lower than I wanted to be on various 12g ammo, and I was able to find what I needed, for normal prices at LGS's.
But that's it, not a dime more on anything else.

(In the late-summer & fall of 2019, I had topped-off the ammo fort & picked-up the last firearms on my want-list, and also already had what I needed for reloading).
IMHO, I unknowingly timed that all ... just right.

Last edited:
Sold 9 guns, bought 3 guns... Bought ~750 worth of ammo, spend a couple hundred on steel and built a target tree. I haven't spent much in the past 5 years, I have a lot of hobbies so the gun cycle comes and goes. Winter is coming so back to snowmobiles and skiing too.

Back
Top Bottom