How much "gun" do you EDC?

I disagree. We are not on the precipice of civil war, despite the fantasies of some on the extremes of right and left.
Totally agree, though an economic depression coupled with more election chicanery could change the outlook. It is true, I think, that some progs (not libs) have bought their first guns because they are afraid of right wing violence, even as leftists (not the right) were rioting.

Sure. I could be squashed by an out of control NASA rocket, tumbling from space while I was cleaning guns, and cited for improper storage.

But in most cases, you can see stuff getting ready to happen. If you stay away from dangerous places and dangerous people, and stay observant, you can avoid trouble.

The quote about losing if you have to go to guns isn’t mine. It’s from Ayoob and a CIA guy who does executive protection.
Gotcha, and I agree that many if not most jackpots can be avoided. I've avoided my share over the years but had 2 cases when i could not.

Totally agree, though an economic depression coupled with more election chicanery could change the outlook. It is true, I think, that some progs (not libs) have bought their first guns because they are afraid of right wing violence, even as leftists (not the right) were rioting.
The number of progressives who have armed themselves and trained with the idea of winning a civil war is, IMO, vanishingly small compared to those on the right.

I do know a liberal who was thinking about buying a gun for home defense, but that’s a different thing. I suspect that most liberals who bought a gun for home defense didn’t get much, if any, training and then stuffed the gun in a drawer.

The number of progressives who have armed themselves and trained with the idea of winning a civil war is, IMO, vanishingly small compared to those on the right.

I do know a liberal who was thinking about buying a gun for home defense, but that’s a different thing. I suspect that most liberals who bought a gun for home defense didn’t get much, if any, training and then stuffed the gun in a drawer.
I met a woman who only owns one gun she bought for purse carry and personal protection, a 442. Somehow the gun shop worker guy convinced her it would be the perfect 'first gun' and a 'chick gun'. Don't even need to practice with it, nothing can go wrong with it, no jamming, just point at the threat and keep pulling the trigger till you hear click. She never took it to the range to even try it out. Figured it was a death remote control she could rely on just pointing and the bad guys would drop.

I suspect this is correct. However, I have very little understanding of what a civil war would look like in the US today, and I'm not convinced that people seriously talking about it do, either. Certainly the Civil War itself, with its geographic focus, is the wrong model. Even strongly red states are only like 60-40, not 90-10. And despite what leftists would have us believe, I think we lack underlying ethnic and cultural striations that approximate the lines demarcating opposing sides for people living in close proximity. I can foresee guerilla tactics being employed by disconnected rogue militias against political targets, but don't see how that translates to a squaring off between the left and right. If the government were to start rounding up conservatives and putting them in concentration camps, for example, then that would probably foment a revolutionary war. Maybe leftists would be the Tories of such a war, but it's not the same thing as a civil war because the leftists will mostly be staying home while government goon squads do their dirty work.

I suspect this is correct. However, I have very little understanding of what a civil war would look like in the US today, and I'm not convinced that people seriously talking about it do, either. Certainly the Civil War itself, with its geographic focus, is the wrong model. Even strongly red states are only like 60-40, not 90-10. And despite what leftists would have us believe, I think we lack underlying ethnic and cultural striations that approximate the lines demarcating opposing sides for people living in close proximity. I can foresee guerilla tactics being employed by disconnected rogue militias against political targets, but don't see how that translates to a squaring off between the left and right. If the government were to start rounding up conservatives and putting them in concentration camps, for example, then that would probably foment a revolutionary war. Maybe leftists would be the Tories of such a war, but it's not the same thing as a civil war because the leftists will mostly be staying home while government goon squads do their dirty work.
Look up Selco on the web. He talks about what it’s like in a real civil war. Makes me pray for peace every morning.

I've asked several of my California based friends about whether they would consider owning and carrying a gun. They sang pretty much the same song. They don't trust themselves with something that dangerous. What if they felt profoundly sad in the moment and a gun was available easily? What if their kids got their hands on it? Snuck into their safe? What's the point of having police in a civil society?
Could you send me their addresses? I'm gonna start a GO Fund me page to buy firearms and send them to them.
Thinking something like " Please donate to raise money to send suicidal Californians a gun"

1911 with 1 spare mag, or P229 Legion with two 15 round mags. Sometimes, when I have to, just an M&P Shield 9 with one spare mag. But usually, 1911, because it won all the world wars.

I got laughed at by this guy from Texas once when he asked me how much 'gun' do I carry. I said typically a P30SK with 10+1 and a spare 10 in a pocket. The guy carries a Glock 48 on his hip and then a P226 with TLR-1HL in his backpack and 4x spare free state mags with that in there. The point was he would engage threats with the 48 first, and then when he had time, to whip out the larger gun for extended engagements. Seriously? Then again there are other guys on here who are probably comfortable throwing a 642 in a pocket and go out the door. What do you guys typically carry and how much spare booletz?

Rape whistle, two spare tampons.

EDC a 380 because the best gun to have is the one that is always on you
people underestimate 380. my wife has a 380 because she's just not into shooting and doesn't want to spend time practicing. 22 is dirty and 9 is too snappy for her in a micro or subcompact.

when i do carry, i do a p365xl in the summer with a spare mag if the dipshits are extra riled up by the propaganda machine. in the fall and winter, i do a nicer full sized 9mm when a jacket is covering the holster. my camping/hiking/woods gun is an "other firearm" in 44mag. at some point, i'll deal with a Assachusetts LTC and will probably do a 10 round mag in the p365 for when i have to travel in/through that state.

So people give 6.5 Creedmore and 6 PRS crap, calling them 6.5 Msnbun. But .380 is OK?

And why carry .380 when you could carry a Kahr PM9 or Glock 43/43x/48 or P365X/XL/Macro?

So people give 6.5 Creedmore and 6 PRS crap, calling them 6.5 Msnbun. But .380 is OK?

And why carry .380 when you could carry a Kahr PM9 or Glock 43/43x/48 or P365X/XL/Macro?
Because my Max is still lighter, fits my work dress pants, doesn't drag my pants down, and is less snappy than any of the others. Just my .02

It will not change anything. Our economic depression is going to mean you playing Call of Duty 1 instead of 2. You're far from the strife and rioting that even the French have, let alone what will happen sometimes in Africa.

He will have a fun time drawing that AR with the fore grip sticking out his fly — either it doesn’t come out or it pops open his pant button and his pants fall to his ankles. Maybe that’s a tactic? Distract your opponent by dropping trou?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom