How much "gun" do you EDC?

Stainless Chief 60 .38, loaded with NYPD load (135 grain JHP). Worked for them, should be fine. I don't like to over-think things. I carry an additional 5 round in a Bianchi speed strip.
I got laughed at by this guy from Texas once when he asked me how much 'gun' do I carry. I said typically a P30SK with 10+1 and a spare 10 in a pocket. The guy carries a Glock 48 on his hip and then a P226 with TLR-1HL in his backpack and 4x spare free state mags with that in there. The point was he would engage threats with the 48 first, and then when he had time, to whip out the larger gun for extended engagements. Seriously? Then again there are other guys on here who are probably comfortable throwing a 642 in a pocket and go out the door. What do you guys typically carry and how much spare booletz?

At least it's not a Beretta 9000S.
Honestly I would carry something slimmer if there was a traditional DA/SA micro gun designed for 10 rounds in 9mm. I do keep a VP9 in the house but never warmed up to carrying striker. The heavy first trigger pull gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when the pistol is pointed at my leg.

Honestly I would carry something slimmer if there was a traditional DA/SA micro gun designed for 10 rounds in 9mm. I do keep a VP9 in the house but never warmed up to carrying striker. The heavy first trigger pull gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when the pistol is pointed at my leg.
S&W CSX?

A nearly impossible set of occurrences need to happen for a Safe Action (Glock trade name) or similar striker fire pistol to excuse itself. This is pretty much only something that happens if you eff with it, or you are making another Final Destination movie.

A nearly impossible set of occurrences need to happen for a Safe Action (Glock trade name) or similar striker fire pistol to excuse itself. This is pretty much only something that happens if you eff with it, or you are making another Final Destination movie.
I do get that. But something in my brain can't get around the idea of the first trigger pull being just about 5 lbs. Why I don't even carry the HK No Compromise LEM shit. Am I being a pussy? lol probably.

I do get that. But something in my brain can't get around the idea of the first trigger pull being just about 5 lbs. Why I don't even carry the HK No Compromise LEM shit. Am I being a pussy? lol probably.
You would hate a 1911 then.

My advise is to not squeeze it until you really want to. Think I saw that in some safety brief somewhere.

Exactly. I mean, if I have a backpack, I can carry my SBR Scorpion in it. If I have a car trunk, I have an AR in it. Why do I need two hand guns on my person?

In my home? Like I said, use the handgun to fight to my AR’s or Tavor.
I prefer to carry all 28 of my guns on me at all time... yes it's an additional 98 pounds but to me... worth it

Not trying to bring race into this but there's expectations in what you see. Asian and Euro tourist men carry them all the time. It gets a little sus when a black guy does it. More and more hood youngins are carrying offbody now

So the tactical fanny pack in black on this dude wouldn't cut it? Sorry, I googled black european metrosexual and this is the best that came up [cheers]

1667248878486.png

Not trying to bring race into this but there's expectations in what you see. Asian and Euro tourist men carry them all the time. It gets a little sus when a black guy does it. More and more hood youngins are carrying offbody now
Get a photographer's vest. Nobody in the CIA ever wore a photographer's vest in the 1990's. Not even once.

Not meant to criticize, just curious. Is the primary mag in the gun a standard capacity preban? If it's also a nerfed mag, why not carry something more compact since you're cucked at ten anyway?
I carry a p365 in the summer, and have been carrying a G19 lately with cuck mags. Way more space to get thumbs correctly and firmly placed on the g19.

I only carry a spare mag because it evens out the printing (appendix) and the extra clip prevents the gun from canting itself. Statistically, the odds of using a reload, as a civilian, are very close to zero. Let alone multiple reloads.

I Carty a S&W j frame 5 rounds or a S&W 908 8 rounds one in the chamber. Unless you are going to war you do not need more. I am not sure what kind d of fire fight you guys are pla ING to get into.

Back
Top Bottom