• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How much do you reload?

How many rounds does everyone reload in say one caliber before you say,thats good.Or do you ever get to that point?

i personally don't ever think i have enough. I'll reload all the brass i can get components for. The way i see it,it's not going to get any cheaper so buy what you can now.

I don't have the time to regularly go to the range, and I don't partake in an shooting sports, so I don't really have a high demand for ammo. I do genuinely enjoy the process of reloading, in and of itself, though. So I tend to just make a 50 round batch every few days, whether I need the ammo or not.

When I have a loading session I like to do 200-500 rounds every session.

Only time I do less than that is if I'm working up a new load or something.

-Mike

anywhere from 200-2000. depends what i'm loading.

after the last session of ~ 1600 9mm, i stepped away, and actually havent even looked at the press for about 2 weeks now.

I usually start reloading when i'm bored and cant sleep, and keep going till i'm tired. this usually puts out about 150-200 rounds. as far as stopping my production cause my ammo box is full. never happened, I think I would just go out and get another storage unit for my ammo or start making battle packs for my bug out bag.

REALLY depends on the round.....

For example:

I do a lot of 9mm shooting. I have 5,000 rounds in the safe, and shoot over 500 a week. Doesn't take long to eat into the inventory. When it gets to about 1/2 that (2500 pcs), I get the press out, and run, run, run.... I have 10,000 bullets I am waiting for (this week or next), and have 15,000 small pistol primers already here. I have 16 pounds of Titegroup. I have 60,000 empty pcs of 9mm brass. 8,000 pcs are already cleaned. So, the answer on that one is "How much time can I devote?" I'm going to strive to get the qty up to, say , 10,000 rounds in the safe. That might last a while before I have to reload again.

On the other hand, I have 1800 (approx two ammo cans full) rounds of 5.56 reloaded in the safe. I just shot 400 the other day, and so I am worried that I will run short. Have 10,000 bullets already here, 15,000 primers here, and 32 pounds (four x 8# kegs) of BLC(2) powder shipped today. I also have 30,000+ pcs of Lake City mil brass 5.56, and another 6,000 pcs of commercial brass. The commercial stuff is already polished. As soon as powder arrives, I will devote some time, hoping to put at least 5000 rounds of that in the safe ASAP.

REALLY depends on the round.....

For example:

I do a lot of 9mm shooting. I have 5,000 rounds in the safe, and shoot over 500 a week. Doesn't take long to eat into the inventory. When it gets to about 1/2 that (2500 pcs), I get the press out, and run, run, run.... I have 10,000 bullets I am waiting for (this week or next), and have 15,000 small pistol primers already here. I have 16 pounds of Titegroup. I have 60,000 empty pcs of 9mm brass. 8,000 pcs are already cleaned. So, the answer on that one is "How much time can I devote?" I'm going to strive to get the qty up to, say , 10,000 rounds in the safe. That might last a while before I have to reload again.

On the other hand, I have 1800 (approx two ammo cans full) rounds of 5.56 reloaded in the safe. I just shot 400 the other day, and so I am worried that I will run short. Have 10,000 bullets already here, 15,000 primers here, and 32 pounds (four x 8# kegs) of BLC(2) powder shipped today. I also have 30,000+ pcs of Lake City mil brass 5.56, and another 6,000 pcs of commercial brass. The commercial stuff is already polished. As soon as powder arrives, I will devote some time, hoping to put at least 5000 rounds of that in the safe ASAP.

I think I just sported wood[rofl]

I reload about a hour a night instead of watching the news. Right now I'm reloading every piece of empty brass I have and will do that until June when I stop reloading until the end of Sept.

Rifle, 50-100 : Handgun 100-200, per session.
I only load what I need for the immediate future, usually a week's supply.
With the current shortages of components, I prefer to not dedicate too much resources to any one caliber.
I load for more than 30 calibers.

I might cast 250 to 500 bullets in say, .30 caliber. Since I load for .308, 30-06, 30-30, 7.5 Swiiss, and 7.62 Russian, the bullets can be used in any of these cartridges when I need them. In other words, I can stock fewer components than if I had loaded all of the different cartridges ahead of time. I don't think that I have any calibers that do not share either powders, primers, or bullets with another caliber. I recent times I have even taken to buying mostly powders that have a wide range of applications, such as Unique, 4895, and 4198.

Jack

I load to feed my habit. That is about 400 rounds per week of pistol usually (40). I used to load a lot of 223, but now I do most of this practice with a dedicated 22LR upper.

I don't change calibers until I have at least 4-5000 cases of the next caliber. I can shoot twice a week until Obama is out of office,even if he gets reelected but if I find more brass, I load it.

Back
Top Bottom