• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How much ammo do you keep onhand?

I'm doing an inventory of my ammo this weekend, and now that I'm seeing the numbers add up, I kinda surprised to see how much is there. I knew how much .45 I have, because I reload it, but everything else came as a surprise - probably because it's scattered over a couple different locations.

How much ammo do you guys keep on hand at a given time? How much of it is defensive, long term storage, or just every day range ammo?

Also, someone said the limits before needing a permit are:

10k centerfire
10k rimfire
5k shot shells
1k primers

But I haven't been able to confirm it. If anyone knows where the official info is, could you post the link?

Very little although keep I keep a large quantity of supplies and primed brass on hand. My the type of bullet/powder changes so I don't keep loaded stock on hand. I can make a whole matches worth of ammo in an hour so there is no point.

I am my very own just in time delivery system.

I put a big dent in my .223 supply today.........Some friends of mine have an 18 yo son who is headed for the Marines on Sept 3rd. He has never even fired a gun. We spent the day at the range today with my AR-15. We started at the house with safety rules the headed to the range. At first he was all over the place but after 100's and 100's of rounds down range, he was able to keep all shots on an 10" paper plate at 100 yards. He was great, he listened to me and did everything I instructed him to do. He was so excited when he started to really understand what I was showing and telling him and his progress was evident on his target! I didnt mind shooting my stash with him!

Not nearly enough.[crying] Though I've been reloading .45 again and I am comfortable with the stock on hand.

You can have to much? I reload all winter so I can shoot all summer. I made it to July this year before I had to start reloading.

Rimfires should not count, but. 5 box's of 550 .22, over 500 .22 mag, and 800+ .17 HMR.
As for center fire. Not near what I would like.

not nearly enough to be happy. But surely enough to defend against a small zombie attack.

Although I will be going out this weekend and buying a couple of cases of "TAX FREE" ammo.

Back
Top Bottom