• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How much 9mm by weight?

I have a bucket that weighs 50lbs with 9mm spent casings.

Anyone know how many casings I have?
It's maybe 75% full (a 5 gallon bucket)

A more important and relevant question is: When are you going to start reloading that bucket of brass? Or are you just a collector?

[rofl]

The real question is, how much of that brass has crimped primers?

If none, you're good to go.....if they're crimped, you have one ballbusting time ahead of you reloading it if you plan on reloading it.

If only some, you'll need to sort it or you'll be wasting primers everytime you squash one into a crimped primer pocket.

A more important and relevant question is: When are you going to start reloading that bucket of brass? Or are you just a collector?

[rofl]

At this point I'm trying to "organize" my spent shells, do some research, sell one of my testicles and buy a 650.

And then hope my other testicle does not get injured.

The real question is, how much of that brass has crimped primers?

If none, you're good to go.....if they're crimped, you have one ballbusting time ahead of you reloading it if you plan on reloading it.

If only some, you'll need to sort it or you'll be wasting primers everytime you squash one into a crimped primer pocket.

I don't have a clue. Most of it should be Remington UMC and Winchester white box.

At this point I'm trying to "organize" my spent shells, do some research, sell one of my testicles and buy a 650.

And then hope my other testicle does not get injured.

I don't have a clue. Most of it should be Remington UMC and Winchester white box.

Thats good then, neither are crimped, they should work well in the progressive press. With primers being in short supply and expensive, it might be a good idea to dump them out and do a cursory glance at them and pick out any oddballs to see if there are any crimped ones in there, otherwise its a PITA when you try repriming.

Is this like guessing how many jelly beans are in Rosie O'Donnell's head? Nevermind....

(number of cases in a lb.) X 50 = ?[laugh2]

That's what I have, around 115 per pound. This info is from another site. Hope this helps.

9mm, 59.46gr/ea, 117.7cases/#, 8.5#/1000

38spl, 68.06gr/ea, 102.8cases/#, 9.7#/1000

40s&w, 70.1gr/ea, 99.9cases/#, 10#/1000

.357mag, 78.3gr/ea, 89.4cases/#, 11.2#/1000

.45acp, 89.58gr/ea, 78.1cases/#, 12.8#/1000

.223, 95.28gr/ea , 73.5cases/#, 13.6#/1000

.44mag, 114.38gr/ea, 61.2cases/#, 16.3#/1000

50bmg, 865.26gr/ea, 8.1cases/#, 123.5#/1000

Rusty

Back
Top Bottom