How many would you need to feel safe ?

Safe?
Off grid house with tripwires and sensors. Flood lighting and steel, automated shutters. Concrete walls on 1st level. Chickens and small crop setup. Rooftop crows nest. CCTV system with portable tablet viewers. Maybe a Lenco Bearcat in the garage.

And some guns.

My main ammo stockpile exists to feed my shooting hobby. I have defensive factory loads in much smaller quantities. That any of it might be useful to me if civilization collapses temporarily is nice, but if I actually needed even 0.1% of it because I’m in that many firefights or that long of one, how am I not dead?

Safe?
Off grid house with tripwires and sensors. Flood lighting and steel, automated shutters. Concrete walls on 1st level. Chickens and small crop setup. Rooftop crows nest. CCTV system with portable tablet viewers. Maybe a Lenco Bearcat in the garage.

And some guns.
Like this!download.jpeg

Sure, if you plan on becoming a cannibal.

During the depression, lots of places around the country were completely hunted out.
While that's true, folks back then were a lot more self reliant than folks these days. Hell, I know folks into their early forties that have never changed a flat. They'd rather sit on the side of the road for a few hours waiting on AAA and bitch endlessly about it than spend a few minutes watching a YT video(or Gawd forbid read the manual) and do it themselves.

“Feeling safe” is an illusory state of mind.

On ammunition stockpile needed to “feel”
Ok- I always want slightly more than enough to get some more.

you have 1,2, guns whatever!!.Whats the bare min no of rounds you feel you need to make you feel safe, AND no silly answers like 100k or 10,000 etc. Take into account nov 4 and the current lack of ammo and NO i'am not paying $700 for 500 9mm. I'am thinking this is going through a lot of guy's heads right now

Well I guess I’m just gunna get in the pond now, because apparently I wanna be a silly goose.

I mean, yeah, 10K is a LOT for some calibers, but 5.56 and 9mm? It’s silly NOT to have that much.

Along with decades of much more restrictive hunting. Areas around cities are f***ed either way. However, I live in an area with 50+ deer per sq. mile. That's a LOT of meat to kill and store. Over a long enough period of time everywhere will end up f***ed, granted. There is also a much small percentage of the population that knows how to hunt these days. Plenty of areas will have food to be hunted for quite a while. Hell Texas could heat hogs for decades.

Were talking about something that happened when the greatest generation had to step up. The past few generations can't hold a candle...

50 deer per sq. mile would be depleted in very short order.
Hungry people, as stupid as they are would learn to hunt real quick.

I live in an area where there is 100 or more mature cattle ( that produce ten times or more meat per head ) per square mile and they would be depleted too. There are roughly 100,000 head of cattle slaughtered daily in the U.S. alone and yet on some store shelves product is thin.
In a large scale SHTF, affecting multiple facets of the food processing industry and transportation, shelves would be bare in hours and replentishment would be nil.

Get back to me when it's the floor that's sagging. [laugh] [wink]

Get back to me when the concrete slab has cracked. [laugh] [smile][thumbsup]

Last edited:
The thought of me needing my guns and ammo to actually use them in defense of me and my family is not a safe proposition at all. There is nothing safe about it lol Yea that’s what I have them for and Ofcourse recreational fun.., To feel “Safe” about not needing to spend stupid money on the stuff now well we all should have that covered already, if not shame on you.

I don't know what is worse...

Having an ammo permit from the FD to avoid issues

or

Now having to worry about them letting my house burn down

Back
Top Bottom